1. Sideroxylonal A, isolated from the benzene extract of the leaves of Eucalyptus grandis, is a highly potent repellent.
1. Nootkatone can provide effective tick control.
2. (+)-Nootkatone has antiallergic, anti-inflammatory, and antiplatelet activities.
3. Nootkatone can prevent obesity and improve physical performance through AMPK activation in skeletal muscle and liver.
1. Mangiferin regulates proliferation and apoptosis in glioma cells by induction of miR-15b and inhibition of MMP-9 expression.
2. Mangiferin inhibits cell cycle progression through the ATR-Chk1 stress response DNA damage pathway, leading to cell cycle arrest at G2/M phase in leukemia cells.
3. Mangiferin has beneficial effect on the regulation of endothelial homeostasis and could be used in the management of diabetic cardiovascular complications.
4. Mangiferin prevents the renal glomerulus fibrosis of diabetic rats, through the suppression of osteopontin overproduction and inflammation likely via inactivation of NF-кB.
5. Mangiferin has anti-steatotic effect may occur independently of the hepatic signals associated with de novo fatty acid synthesis and oxidation, can inhibit hepatic DGAT-2 that catalyzes the final step in triglyceride biosynthesis .