1. Tetrandrine can inhibit inward rectifying potassium current in cultured bovine aortic endothelial cells.
2. Tetrandrine exerts antifibrotic effects in both HSC-T6 cells and in rats with dimethylnitrosamine (DMN)-induced fibrosis.
3. Tetrandrine is an antitumor alkaloid, it arrests cells in G(1) by convergent mechanisms, including down-regulation of E2F1 and up-regulation of p53/p21(Cip1).
4. Tetrandrine shows anti-oxidant activity, anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive activity.
5. Tetrandrine suppresses Wnt/β-catenin signaling transduction, the migration of DU145 and PC-3 cells, EOMA cell growth through the ROS/Akt pathway.
1. Nicotine is a potent inhibitor of cardiac A-type K+ channels, with blockade probably due to block of closed and open channels, this action may contribute to the ability of nicotine to affect cardiac electrophysiology and induce arrhythmias.
2. Nicotine has a two-phase effect on osteoblasts,showing as low level of nicotine could promote the proliferation and differentiation of the rabbit osteoblasts while the high level gets the opposite effect, vitamin C can antagonize the inhibitory effect of higher concentration of nicotine on proliferation and differentiation of osteoblasts in part.
3. Chronic nicotine exposure augments atherosclerosis by enhancing the production of proinflammatory cytokines by macrophages, which, in turn, activate atherogenic NF-kappaB target genes in the aortic lesions.
4. Nicotine is able to activate mitogenic signalling pathways, which promote cell growth or survival as well as increase chemoresistance of cancer cells, nicotine activates its downstream signalling to interfere with the ubiquitination process and prevent Bcl-2 from being degraded in lung cancer cells, resulting in the increase of chemoresistance.
5. Intramuscular administration of nicotine for 3 weeks can not increase arteriogenesis in ischemic hindlimb of rabbits, but is capable of significantly promoting intramyocardial angiogenesis, it can also accelerate intimal proliferation and thickening of balloon catheter denuding injury iliac artery, so it may contribute to the development of restenosis
1. Levistilide A inhibits liver fibrosis and angiogenesis.
1. 5,5'-Dimethoxylariciresinol-4'-O-beta-D-glucoside is shown to effectively enhance chemosensitivity of resistant cells, which makes it may be a suitable candidate for potential multidrug resistance (MDR)-reversing agents.
1. Due to the multi-drug resistance reversal activity of the less polar ecdysteroids, several new products( including 20-hydroxyecdysone,20-hydroxyecdysone 2,3;20,22-diacetonide) are promising for being tested against various cancer cell lines.