1. β-Sitostenone has antioxidation activity.
2. Stigmasta-4-en-3-one(Sitostenone) can be used for the treatment of androgen-dependent diseases, especially for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
1. Fisetin is an anti-inflammatory flavonoid, it has beneficial effect on periodontal disease, may via inhibiting MAPK activation and COX-2 expression without affecting cell viability.
2. Fisetin can ameliorate photodamage by suppressing the mitogen-activated protein Kinase/Matrix metalloproteinase pathway and nuclear factor-κB pathways.
3. Fisetin suppresses the accumulation of intracellular lipids by inhibiting GLUT4-mediated glucose uptake through inhibition of the mTOR-C/EBPα signaling in 3T3-L1 cells.
4. Fisetin has antimetastatic effects on prostate, breast and lung cancers.
5. Fisetin functions as a dual inhibitor of mTORC1/2 signaling leading to inhibition of prostate cancer (CaP)-dependent translation and induction of autophagic cell death in PC3 cells.
6. Fisetin has direct antioxidant activity, it can also increase the intracellular levels of glutathione (GSH), the major endogenous antioxidant, and fisetin has both neurotrophic and anti-inflammatory activity.
7. Fisetin shows in vitro antifungal activity( MIC<128 ug/mL) and low toxicity( (IC50=158 ug/mL) on animal cells.
1. (+)-Nortrachelogenin shows effects on the central nervous system producing depression in rabbits.
2. (-)-Nortrachelogenin can induce membrane disruption and caspase-dependent apoptosis.
3. Nortrachelogenin shows anti-plasmodium activity of 14.50 dg/ml.
4. Nortrachelogenin has anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Nortrachelogenin is a novel agent for prostate cancer therapy with ability to inhibit Akt membrane localization and activity as well as the activation of growth factor receptors, thereby efficiently synergizing with tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL), exposure.
6. (-)-Nortrachelogenin exerts its antibacterial effect by disorganizing and perturbing the cytoplasmic membrane.
7. (+)-Nortrachelogenin is moderately active against HIV-1 in vitro.
8. Nortrachelogenin shows moderate inhibiting activities on NF- κB signaling pathway induced by TNFα , with the IC50 value of 49.4 uM.
1. Silodosin, a selective α-1a receptor antagonist, can increase passage of distal ureteral stones.
2. Silodosin can temporarily improve lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), but do not improve the bladder outlet obstruction index (BOOI) after implantation in the prostate, it is a useful option for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia .
3. Silodosin appears to suppress ejaculation in a relatively higher percent of trial participants, this suppression of ejaculation by silodosin suggested its potential for treating premature ejaculation.
1. Abiraterone acetate shows antitumour activity against metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer progressing after docetaxel and enzalutamide (MDV3100), it can significantly prolong overall survival in patients with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer who have progressed after docetaxel treatment.
2. Abiraterone acetate is a potent, selective, and orally available inhibitor of CYP17, the key enzyme in androgen and estrogen biosynthesis.
3. Abiraterone acetate achieves sustained suppression of testosterone in both blood and bone marrow aspirate to less than picograms-per-milliliter levels.