1. 4-Hydroxybenzaldehyde shows an inhibitory effect on the GABA transaminase to contribute to an antiepileptic and anticonvulsive activity, and its inhibitory activity was higher than that of valproic acid, a known anticonvulsant.
1. 1,2-Benzenediol(catechol) is used as 5% aq. soln. for photometric detn. of Nb, Os, Ta, Ti, W, complexing agent of some metals (e.g. Al, Ti) (anionic complexes associated with basic dyes).
2. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can induce spontaneous convulsive activity in the anaesthetized mouse.
3. 1,2-Dihydroxybenzene can produce myoclonic jerks in the rat.
1. Gastrodin has protective role on cardiac hypertrophy in targeting cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis through suppression of ERK1/2 signaling.
2. Gastrodin significantly attenuate levels of neurotoxic proinflammatory mediators and proinflammatory cytokines by inhibition of the NF-κB signaling pathway and phosphorylation of MAPKs in LPS-stimulated microglial cells.
3. Gastrodin is an effective and a safe drug for the prevention of neurocognitive decline in patients undergoing mitral valve replacement surgery with CPB.
4. Phenolic glucoside gastrodin is a well-known natural calcium antagonist with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory functions.
1. Hispidulin has antineoplastic activity.
2. Hispidulin has antioxidant properties and effect on mitochondrial energy metabolism.
3. Hispidulin has a potential treatment for hyper-dopaminergic disorders.
4. Hispidulin has considerable antiepileptic, neuroprotective, and antiinflammatory effects on kainic acid-induced seizures in rats.
5. Hispidulin exerts anti-osteoporotic and bone resorption attenuating effects via activating the AMPK signaling pathway.