1. Vincosamide can mediate DNA strand.
1. Indicine N-oxide, a pyrrolizidine alkaloid present in the plant Heliotropium indicum, shows promising cytotoxic activity in various tumor models that due to its DNA damaging effects and depolymerization of microtubules.
1. Goniothalamin enhances rather than inhibits the ATPase activity of a cyanobacterial Hsp90 (HtpG) and a yeast Hsp90, increases both K(m) and k(cat) of the Hsp90s.
2. Goniothalamin induces oxidative stresses and inhibits the expression of cell wall-associated proteins resulting in growth inhibition of Arabidopsis seedlings.
3. Goniothalamin has gastroprotective activity which is inhibited after pre-treatment with NEM (N-ethylmaleimide) and NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), highlighting the importance of sulfhydryl compounds and prostaglandins on Goniothalamin activity.
4. Goniothalamin is a natural product that has been demonstrated to induce apoptosis in various cancer cell lines, can induce cytotoxicity and apoptosis on RT4 cells, induce apoptosis on HepG2 liver cancer cells via induction of caspase-3 with less sensitivity on the cell line of Chang cells.
1. Demethyl tetrandrine and tetrandrine show inhibition on DNA synthesis, the 50% inhibition doses ( ID50 ) are in L7712 and Sl80 cells are 27.5, 24.5 mg/L and 2.6, 3 .5mg/ L , respectively.
1. Rabdosin B at higher concentrations inhibits root growth by affecting both cell length in the mature region and division of meristematic cells.
2. Rabdosin B shows cytotoxic activity against three human tumour HepG2, GLC-82 and HL-60 cell lines.
3. Rabdosin B induces significant DNA damage to HepG2 cells in a time- and dose-dependent manner.