1. Ginsenoside Rg2 has a neuroprotective effect against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity through mechanisms related to anti-oxidation and anti-apoptosis.
2. Ginsenoside Rg2 may be as a potential treatment strategy for Alzheimer's disease by inhibiting the formation of Abeta1-40.
3. Ginsenoside Rg2 inhibits nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated Na+ influx and channel activity.
4. Ginsenoside Rg2 may regulate the 5-HT3A receptors that are expressed in Xenopus oocytes.
5. Ginsenoside Rg2 may inhibit or prevent the growth of tumors.
1. Hirsutanonol shows antibiotic activity.
2. Hirsutanonol inhibits nitric oxide synthase.
1. Afzelin has antibacterial activity.
2. Afzelin promotes cytotoxic effect.
3. Afzelin effectively treats asthma is based on reduction of Th2 cytokine via inhibition of GATA‑binding protein 3 transcription factor, which is the master regulator of Th2 cytokine differentiation and production.
4. Afzelin has several cellular activities such as DNA-protective, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory as well as UV-absorbing activity and may protect human skin from UVB-induced damage by a combination of UV-absorbing and cellular activities.
1. Guajadial B shows cytotoxicities against five human cancer cell lines, it is the most effective having an IC50 value of 150 nM toward A549 cells.
2. Guajadial B acts as a Top1 catalytic inhibitor and delays Top1 poison-mediated DNA damage.
1. Methyl gallate and gallic acid can inhibit the growth of oral pathogens and S. mutans biofilm formation, and may be used to prevent the formation of oral biofilms.
2. Methyl gallate has a dual cyclooxygenase-2/5-lipoxygenase inhibitory activity, which might provide the basis for novel anti-inflammatory drugs.
3. Methyl gallate is a potent and highly specific inhibitor of herpes simplex virus in vitro.
4. Methyl gallate has effective antioxidant activity, it is effective in preventing H2O2-induced oxidative stress and DNA damage in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells.
5. Methyl gallate exhibits potent antitumor activities by inhibiting tumor infiltration of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells.
6. The combination of methyl gallate or carvacrol with nalidixic acid shows antibacterial activity against nalidixic acid resistant bacteria.