1. Mannitol increases the osmotic pressure and urine volume as a protective agent on renal tubules.
2. Mannitol is a suitable thermoprotectant that facilitates retention of thermosensitive polyphenolic species in berry extracts during spray-drying.
3. Mannitol infusion performed immediately after restitution of blood flow following temporary cerebral ischemia remarkably reduced the size of the cerebral cortical focal infarction by decreasing the swelling of the end-feet, thus preventing the microvascular compression and stasis and thereby microvasculogenic secondary focal cerebral ischemia.
1. 1,1,3,3-Tetraethoxypropane,the precursor of the ubiquitous natural compound malondialdehyde.
2. Tetraethoxypropane as the standard in the thiobarbituric acid (TBA) assay.
|CFN90070||Homovanillic Acid Sulfate
1. Homovanillic acid sulfate presence supports a diagnosis of neuroblastoma and malignant pheochromocytoma.
2. Homovanillic acid sulfate is used as a reagent to detect oxidative enzymes, and is associated with dopamine levels in the brain.
3. In psychiatry and neuroscience, brain and cerebrospinal fluid levels of homovanillic acid are measured as a marker of metabolic stress caused by 2-deoxy-D-glucose.
1. 1,5-Anhydro-D-glucitol level might provide additional information to identify macroangiopathy of patients with type 2 diabetes, especially in those with excellent HbA1c levels.
2. Low 1,5-Anhydro-D-glucitol levels are associated with vascular endothelial dysfunction, suggests it is a potentially useful marker for vascular endothelial dysfunction.
1. Estriol (E3), an endogenous estrogen predominantly produced during human pregnancy, E3 can blunt the postprandial glycemic surge in rats through modulating the level of intestinal glucose transporters.
2. Estriol acts as a potent estrogen and exerts a mitogenic effect on T-47D and MCF-7 cells at concentrations of 10(-9)M (288 pg/ml) and higher.
3. There is a significant relationship between salivary Estriol levels and preterm birth, so, a new method of prediction of preterm birth is by salivary Estriol.
4. Estriol at the level extrapolated from its level at III trimester of pregnancy could facilitate the reduction of antimicrobial potential of neutrophils at the early stages of growth of pathogenic microorganisms.