1. Nicotinamide may be used as a substrate of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase , the rate-limiting enzyme for NAD(+) biosynthesis and an important signaling molecule.
2. Nicotinamide is a building block of coenzymes nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phopshate (NADP).
1. Isobergapten shows anti-proliferative activity and causes G2/M arrest at concentrations of 0.05-15.0 μM.
2. Isobergapten is the principal constituents responsible for the antimycobacterial activity of the roots of Heracleum maximum.
1. Gitogenin, tigogenin, and solasodine are novel selective inhibitors of UGT1A4, and do not inhibit the activities of major human CYP isoforms.
2. Gitogenin and (25S)-5α-furastan-3β,22,26-triol are the inhibitors of enzyme α-glucosidase with IC50 values of 37.2±0.18 and 33.5±0.22 uM, respectively.
3. Gitogenin shows moderate stimulation of release activity on growth hormone from rat pituitary cells.