1. Galanolactone shows cytotoxic activity .
2. Galanolactone has anti-5-HT effect, a diterpenoid isolated from ginger, is related to antagonism of 5-HT3 receptors.
3. Galanolactone exerts anti-obesity effect through down regulation of adipogenic transcription factors and adipogenic marker genes.
4. Galanolactone has inhibit nitric oxide production with IC(50) values ranging from 5.5 to 28.5 μM.
1. Add-on Pregnenolone reduces the severity of negative symptoms in recent-onset schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder, especially among patients who are not treated with concomitant mood stabilizers .
2. Immunisation against Pregnenolone directly blocked testicular steroidogenesis, which reduced synthesis of hypothalamic GnRH and subsequently synthesis of pituitary LH by abolishing the permissive action of sex steroids on hypothalamic GnRH neurons, thereby disrupting spermatogenesis.
1. Neferine has anti-tumor activities , Metabolic activation mediated by CYP3A4 and GSH depletion enhanced Neferine-induced cytotoxicity.
2. Neferine can be helpful to increase the efficacy of DOX and to achieve anticancer synergism by curbing the toxicity.
3. Neferine inhibited high glucose-induced endothelial apoptosis via blocking ROS/Akt/NF-κB pathway, which provides the evidence for using Neferine to treat diabetic vasculopathy.
4. Neferine induced apoptosis in a dose-dependent manner with the hypergeneration of reactive oxygen species, activation of MAPKs, lipid peroxidation, depletion of cellular antioxidant pool, loss of mitochondrial membrane potential, and intracellular calcium accumulation.
1. Sarsasapogenin has anti-inflammatory effect.
2. Sarsasapogenin exhibited antitumor activity, by cytotoxicity, inducing apoptosis, reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediate mitochondrial dysfunction and ER stress cell death.
1. (-)-Huperzine A is a naturally occurring potent reversible AChE inhibitor that penetrates the blood-brain barrier.
2. (-)-Huperzine A can be used as a protectIve agent against lethal dose nerve agent toxicity in guinea pigs.
3. A combination of (+) and (-)-Huperzine A offers better protection than (+)-Hup A.