1. Uridine has protective effects against drug-induced fatty liver, can prevent tamoxifen-induced fatty liver appeared to depend on the pyrimidine salvage pathway, which promotes biosynthesis of membrane phospholipid.
2. Uridine can increase the rate of potassium transport in mitochondria isolated from liver of low resistant rats, and inhibitors of the channel prevent the channel activating effect of Uridine.
3. Uridine has inhibition of p53-dependent intestinal apoptosis initiated by 5-fluorouracil.
4. Uridine and omega-3 fatty acids have antidepressant-like effects , which are potentiated by combined treatment in rats.
1. Accumulation of Uracil and/or UNG deficiency interferes with telomere maintenance, thereby underscoring the necessity of UNG-initiated base excision repair for the preservation of telomere integrity.