1. Syrosingopine has selective depleting effect on brain amines is potentiated by combined treatment with disulfiram or fusaric acid, a dopamine beta-hydroxylase inhibitor.
2. Syrosingopine can sensitize cancer cells to metformin and its more potent derivative phenformin far below the individual toxic threshold of each compound, thus, combining syrosingopine and codrugs is a promising therapeutic strategy for clinical application for the treatment of cancer.
3. Syrosingopine has hypotensive properties.
1. Hydrangenol is a strong contact sensitizer found in hydrangea (Hydrangea sp.; Hydrangeaceae).
2. Hydrangenol can significantly inhibit the passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA) reaction, it has antiallergic activity.
3. Hydrangenol has anti-inflammatory activity,it can attenuate NO production and inducible NO synthase expression in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated BV2 microglial cells by inhibiting NF-κB activation and by stimulating the Nrf2-mediated HO-1 signaling pathway.
4. Hydrangenol has antifungal activity.
1. Oxychelerythrine shows antifeeding activities against Tribolium castaneum adults, with the EC50 of 192.32 ppm.
2. Oxychelerythrine shows high modulatory activity enhancing the susceptibility of the S. aureus ATCC 6538 to all the tested antibiotics from two to four-fold.