1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein has antifungal activity, dimerization of it causes a remarkable increase of antifungal activity.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein exhibits greater antiproliferative effects in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells than does genistein, suggest that 2'-hydroxylation of genistein can enhance its antioxidant activity and cell cytotoxicity in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B.
1. The recombinant protein exhibits high FNS I activity catalyzing the conversion of naringenin to apigenin and 2-Hydroxynaringenin.
1. 2-Methoxystypandrone displays an immunomodulatory effect in a cellular model.
2. 2-Methoxystypandrone specifically inhibits JAK and IKKβ kinase activities.
3. 2-Methoxystypandrone blocks inflammatory responses by impairing NF-κB signaling to limit the inflammation and oxidative stress for preservation of BBB integrity.
4. 2-Methoxystypandrone concomitantly promotes neurodevelopmental protein expression and endogenous neurogenesis through inactivation of GSK3β to enhance β-catenin signaling for upexpression of neuroprotective genes and proteins.
5. 2-Methoxystypandrone has anti-osteoclastogenic effect, could reflect the block of RANKL-induced association of TRAF6-TAK1 complexes with consequent decrease of IkappaB-mediated NF-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinases-mediated c-Fos activation pathways and suppression of NFATc1 and other gene expression, essential for bone resorption.
1. 3,3',4',5,6,7,8-Heptamethoxyflavone(HMF) has anti-inflammatory property.
2. HMF has a neuroprotective effect after brain ischemia by inducing BDNF production and anti-inflammatory effects.
3. HMF has an immunomodulatory function via reduced interleukin-4 expression.
4. HMF is a chemopreventive agent against nitric oxide (NO) carcinogenesis.
5. HMF has anti-aging and photoprotective effects on the skin, it inhibits collagenase activity and induces type I procollagen synthesis in HDFn cells.
6. HMF has anti-allergic activity, it shows inhibitory activity on RBL-2H3 cells degranulation.
1. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the TNF-α- and LPS-stimulated production of inflammatory mediators in keratinocytes by suppressing the Toll-like receptor 4 expression-mediated activation of the Akt, ERK and NF-ĸB pathways, it may exert an inhibitory effect against the pro-inflammatory mediator-induced skin disease.
2. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the proteasome inhibitor-induced programmed cell death in PC12 cells by suppressing the activation of the mitochondrial pathway and the caspase-8- and Bid-dependent pathways, the effect be attributed to its inhibitory effect on the formation of reactive oxygen species and depletion of GSH.
3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde, a potent tyrosinase inhibitor, has antifungal activity, it can inhibit oxidative DNA damage and apoptosis via its antioxidant activity. It inhibits the phosphotransferase activity of CKII with IC(50) of about 783 microM, it may function by inhibiting oncogenic disease, at least in part, through the inhibition of CKII activity. It inhibits the H2O2-induced apoptosis of granulosa cells, promotes estradiol secretion in granulosa cells and enhanced the mRNA expression levels of steroidogenic factor 1, a promoter of key steroidogenic enzymes.
3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid shows significant nematicidal, antitumor, neuroprotective, antioxidant, and antimicrobial activities. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has protection against adriamycin cytotoxicity and inhibition of DNA topoisomerase II activity; it also protects human keratinocytes against UVB-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis.3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid can prevent Abeta (25-35)-induced neuronal cell damage by interfering with the increase of [Ca(2+)](c), and then by inhibiting glutamate release, generation of ROS and caspase-3 activity.
1. 5,7,3',5'-Tetrahydroxyflavanone has inhibitory effects on HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT)-associated RNase H function, it may have antiviral activity against HIV-1.
2. 5,7,3',5'-Tetrahydroxyflavanone has anti-inflammatory properties, it can inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production with IC50 values of 18.5 uM, the inhibitory effect is accompanied by dose-dependent decreases in LPS-induced nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in RAW 264.7 cells.
1. 3β,5α-Dihydroxy-(22E,24R)-ergosta-7,22-dien-6-one exhibits strong or moderate cytotoxic activities against MCF-7, A549, Hela and KB cell lines with IC50 values 4.98 (MCF-7), 1.95 (A549), 0.68(Hela), and 1.50 uM (KB), respectively.