1. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone has anticancer activity, it combined with gemcitabine elicits a potent apoptosis of lung cancer cell and hence it has the potential to be developed as a chemotherapeutic agent.
2. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone may serve as a novel therapeutic intervention for various cardiovascular diseases, including chronic ischemia, by regulating VEGF signaling and modulating angiogenesis.
3. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone suppresses angiogenesis and lung cancer cell growth possibly via regulating the VEGFR-Src-FAK signaling.
4. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone exhibits anti-melanogenic activity by suppression of tyrosinase expression via ERK and Akt signaling, it may act as potent natural skin-lightening agents.
5. 1-O-Acetylbritannilactone is a potent inhibitor of LPS-stimulated VSMC inflammatory responses through blockade of NF-kappaB activity and inhibition of inflammatory gene COX-2 expression.
1. 2-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol is a potent specific inhibitor of lipoxygenase activities, it inhibits platelet 12-LO activity (IC50, 4.2 microM) and PMNL 5-LO activity (IC50, 13 microM) but not cyclooxygenase activity in cell-free conditions; it also inhibits 12-LO activity in intact platelets (IC50, 50 microM) and reduces leukotriene B4 production in intact PMNL stimulated by A23187 (IC50, 26 microM).
2. Hydroxytyrosol (2-(3,4dihydroxyphenyl)ethanol has antioxidant properties.
1. 2α,3α,24-Trihydroxyurs-12-en-28-oic acid, a triterpenoid phytoalexin, isolated from peel of unripe fruits of nectarine (Prunus persica cv Fantasia), shows antifungal activity against the fungus mentioned.
2. 2α,3α,24-Trihydroxyurs-12-en-28-oic acid shows in vitro cytotoxic activity against tumor cell lines including PLC,Hep3B,HepG2,HeLa,SW480,MCF-7 and Bel7402.
2,3,5,4'-Tetrahydroxyldiphenylethylene-2-O-glucoside(TSG) has potential to the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's diseases, it not only prevents over-expression of α-synuclein at an early stage, but also reverses the increased expression of α-synuclein and inhibits the aggregation at the late stage of Tg mice. TSG suppresses PDGF-BB-induced PASMCs proliferation is associated with an inhibition of AKT / GSK3β signaling pathways. TGS, emodin and physcion also have the lipid regulation activity to an overall synergy.
1. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 has anti-aging and antifatigue activities.
2. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 shows significant effect on the differential expression of cell signaling genes and other related genes in human lung cell line A549.
3. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 and PEG-PLGA-Rg3 nanoparticles can supress the tumor angiogenesis in vivo,which is perhaps related to the inhibition of expression in MMP-9,HIF-1α,VEGF,IL-1,IL-6 and TNF-α.
4. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 has anticarcinogenic effects on Induced Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Rats.
5. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 elicits a significant inhibition of in vitro cell adhesion and invasion of U87 cells, is attributed to its decreasing the enzymatic activity of MMP-2.
6. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 can restrain A549/DDP cell invasion and metastasis,and it may have relationship with the upregulation of nm23;Rg3 can enhance the A549/DDP cell chemosensitivity to cisplatin,and it may have relationship with the upregulation of caspase-3 and the cell membrane lipid fluidity decreased.
7. 20(R)-ginsenoside Rg3 exerts a neuroprotective effect on a rat model of transient focal cerebral ischemia.
20(R)-Ginsenoside Rh2, a minor stereoisomer of ginsenoside Rh2, possesses matrix metalloproteinase inhibitory. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rh2 has anticancer, anti- proliferation, anti-inflammatory and antioxidative activities, it also shows selective osteoclastgenesis inhibitory activity. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rh2 reduce apoptotic rate significantly, enhance the activity of caspase-3 and induces apoptosis in human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells.
Ginsenoside Rh2 has memory-enhancing ,anti-osteoporosis, antitumor, antidiabetic, antiallergic, and anti-inflammatory effects, it potently protects ischemia-reperfusion brain injury, also inhibits prostaglandin-E_2 synthesis in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 cells. It can inhibit the tendency of apoptosis, and reverse the impaired β-cell growth potential by modulating Akt/Foxo1/PDX-1 signaling pathway and regulating cell cycle proteins; it suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclast differentiation in vitro and in vivo through the regulation of c-Fos and NFATc1 expressions, not excluding the involvement of NF-κB and ERK.
1. 20-Deoxocarnosol , the main phenolic abietane present in aerial parts of the Chilean medicinal plant, has antioxidant activity of measuring the decay of the radical cation diphenyl-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH).
2. 20-Deoxocarnosol exhibits non-specific antiprotozoal activity due to high cytotoxicity.