1. Progesterone (P4) maintains uterine quiescence in pregnancy, and a proposed functional withdrawal of P4 classically regulated by nuclear Progesterone receptors (nPRs) leads to labor, P4 can affect the functions of macrophages despite the reported lack of expression of nPRs in these immune cells.
2. Stimulation of breast cell tumorigenesis and tumor growth accompanying Progesterone treatment is due to the Progesterone metabolite 5αP, and that breast tumorigenesis can be blocked with the 5α-reductase inhibitor, finasteride.
3. Exogenous Progesterone increases Nuchal translucency, NT seen ultrasonographically at 11-14 weeks' gestation is a sensitive marker for Down syndrome.
4. Progesterone decreases the rate of lipolysis in the inguinal WAT of female rats, inhibiting the activity of both ATGL (by stimulating synthesis of G0S2 - specific inhibitor of the enzyme) and HSL.
1. As a neuroactive hormone, Dehydroepiandrosterone in co-operation with other hormones and transmitters significantly affects some aspects of human mood, and modifies some features of human emotions and behavior; it has been reported that its administration can increase feelings of well-being and is useful in ameliorating atypical depressive disorders, it has neuroprotective and antiglucocorticoid activity and modifies immune reactions.
2. Dehydroepiandrosterone administered intravaginally on a daily basis is an effective treatment for symptoms, and signs of vulvovaginal atrophy along with libido in postmenopausal women.
3. Dehydroepiandrosterone resulted in a significant improvement in the numbers of oocytes retrieved, oocytes fertilized, embryos and grade-I embryos, it could help improve pregnancy rate in poor responders with history of previous failed IVF cycles.
4. Low serum levels of Dehydroepiandrosterone and its sulfate predict an increased risk of coronary heart disease , but not cerebrovascular disease, events in elderly men.
1. Bornyl acetate has anti-inflammatory activity, may be developed as a preventive agent for lung inflammatory diseases and osteoarthritis.
2. Bornyl acetate and Quercetin have an antiabortive effect through modulation of immunological balance at maternal-fetal interface.
3. Bornyl acetate shows highly active whitening and antioxidant activities, has potential applications in cosmeceutical materials.