1. Quercetin is one of the most prominent dietary antioxidants, it is claimed to exert beneficial health effects, this includes protection against various diseases such as osteoporosis, certain forms of cancer, pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases but also against aging.
2. Quercetin aglycone modulates several signal transduction pathways involving MEK/ERK and Nrf2/keap1, which is associated with the processes of inflammation and carcinogenesis.
3. Guercetin can attenuate the function of AR by repressing its expression, inhibit the secretion of the prostate-specific, androgen-regulated tumor markers, PSA and hK2. and has the potential to become a chemopreventive and/or chemotherapeutic agent for prostate cancer.
4. Quercetin and curcumin modulate ACFs correlates well with their ability to induce apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway, may exert significant and potentially beneficial effects on decreasing the amount of precancerous lesions and inducing apoptosis in the large intestine.
5. Quercetin supplementation reduces blood pressure in hypertensive subjects.
1. Alpha-lipoic acid has become a common ingredient in multivitamin formulas, anti-aging supplements, and even pet food, it is well-defined as a therapy for preventing diabetic polyneuropathies, and scavenges free radicals, chelates metals, and restores intracellular glutathione levels which otherwise decline with age.
2. Alpha-lipoic acid can enhance glucose transport and utilization in different experimental and animal models, it can improve insulin sensitivity in patients with type-2 diabetes.
3. Lipoic acid is a novel treatment for Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
4. Alpha-lipoic acid has therapeutic effects on joint inflammation and erosion in an animal model via NF-kappa B down regulation, it inhibits TNF-alpha induced NF-kappa B activation through blocking of MEKK1-MKK4-IKK signaling cascades.
1. Cycloastragenol has anti-aging property.
2. Cycloastragenol increases telomerase activity and proliferative capacity,stimulates the repair of DNA damage by activating telomerase,a nucleoprotein enzyme which catalyses synthesis and growth of telomeric DNA.
1. Epifriedelanol suppresses adriamycin-induced cellular senescence, replicative senescence in human fibroblasts (HDFs) and human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs).
2. Epifriedelanol may be used to develop dietary supplements or cosmetics that modulate tissue aging or aging-associated diseases, because of it can reduce cellular senescence in human primary cells.
1. Nicotinamide may be used as a substrate of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase , the rate-limiting enzyme for NAD(+) biosynthesis and an important signaling molecule.
2. Nicotinamide is a building block of coenzymes nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phopshate (NADP).