1. Procyanidin B3 (B3) is a procyanidin dimer that is widely studied due to its high abundance in the human diet and antioxidant activity.
2. Procyanidin B3 (B3) has stronger anti-inflammatory activity than that of indomethacin and glycyrrhetinic acid, the normally used anti-inflammatory agents.
3. Procyanidin B3 (B3) prevented the progression of osteoarthritis (OA) and heterotopic cartilage formation, by inhibiting H2O2-induced apoptosis in primary chondrocytes, suppressing H2O2- or IL-1ß−induced nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) production, and preventing IL-1ß−induced suppression of chondrocyte differentiation marker gene expression in primary chondrocytes.
1. Fisetin is an anti-inflammatory flavonoid.
2. Fisetin has antimetastatic effects on prostate, breast and lung cancers.
3. Fisetin has beneficial effect on periodontal disease, may via inhibiting MAPK activation and COX-2 expression without affecting cell viability.
4. Fisetin suppresses the accumulation of intracellular lipids by inhibiting GLUT4-mediated glucose uptake through inhibition of the mTOR-C/EBPα signaling in 3T3-L1 cells.
5. Fisetin can inhibit UV-induced intracellular reactive oxygen species (ROS), prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), and nitric oxide (NO) generation, may be used in the development of photoprotective agents.
1. Gartanin possesses antifungal property.
2. Gartanin possesses potent antioxidant, anti‑inflammatory properties.
3. Gartanin induces protective autophagy mainly by JNK-Bcl-2 pathway.
4. Gartanin possesses antineoplastic property, could be a multiple targeting agent into its chemopreventive properties for human urinary bladder cancer.
1. 6-Hydroxy-5,6-dehydrosugiol is a potent androgen receptor antagonist in prostate cancer cells, it has potential for use in chemoprevention and chemotherapy of prostate cancers.
1. Eriosemation significant androgen receptor (AR) inhibition activity, suggests that it could be a promising candidate for further evaluation for prostate cancer prevention or management.