1. Esculentic acid has anti-inflammatory effect.
2. Esculentic acid has protective effects against LPS-induced endotoxic shock may be mediated, at least in part, by regulation the release of inflammatory cytokines and mediators, and protein expression of COX-2 in mice.
|CFN90191||Oroxylin A 7-O-beta-D-glucuronide
1. Oroxylin A-7-O-glucuronide and wogonoside should also be served as the chemical markers together with baicalin for the quality control of herbs and proprietary traditional Chinese medicine (PTCM) products of radix Scutellariae.
2. Oroxylin A 7-O-glucuronide, Oroxin A, and Oroxin B can bind to the “stem” region of α-hemolysin (α-HL), when inhibiting the hemolytic activity of α-HL.
3. Oroxylin A 7-O-glucuronide and 4',5,7-trihydroxy-6-methoxyflavone at a concentration of 100 microM inhibit 34 and 43% of total prolyl oligopeptidase (POP) activity, respectively.
|CFN90804||3-O-Acetyl-16 alpha-hydroxytrametenolic acid
1. 3-O-Acetyl-16 alpha -hydroxytrametenolic acid has inhibitory activities against AAPH-induced hemolysis of red blood cells.
2. 3-O-Acetyl-16 alpha-hydroxytrametenolic acid shows a strong inhibitory activity against 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate-induced inflammation in mice.
3. At 0.2 mumol/mouse, 3-O-Acetyl-16 alpha-hydroxytrametenolic acid markedly inhibited the promoting effect of 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetate (1 microgram/mouse) on skin tumor formation following initiation with 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (50 micrograms/mouse).