1. Palmitic acid induces down-regulation of APOM expression, is mediated via the PPARβ/δ pathway.
2. Palmitic acid induces anxiety-like behavior in mice while increasing amygdala-based serotonin metabolism.
3. Dietary TAGs with an increased proportion of Palmitic acid in the sn-2 position do not have acute adverse effects on the insulin and glucose response to meals in healthy men and women, but they decrease GIP release.
4. Palmitic acid has a significant impact on proliferation and differentiation of NSCs in vitro and may be useful for elucidating the role of SFAs in regulating NSCs fate in physiological and pathological settings.
1. Lavendustin A and hormothamnione exhibit cytotoxic effects on tumor cell lines.
2. Lavendustin A is a potent tyrosine kinase inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor, and an angiogenesis inhibitor.
3. Lavendustin A is a hyperbolic mixed-type inhibitor with respect to both ATP and the peptide substrate, with a major effect on the binding affinities for both substrates.
4. Lavendustin A at 0.1 nM-1 microM causes a concave-shaped inhibition of the insulin release stimulated by 7 mM glucose, the inhibitory effect can be overcomed by higher concentrations of glucose.
1. Sissotrin can impair glucose tolerance.