Palmitic acid induces anxiety-like behavior in mice while increasing amygdala-based serotonin metabolism, it induces down-regulation of APOM expression, is mediated via the PPARβ/δ pathway. Palmitic acid induces degeneration of myofibrils and modulate apoptosis in rat adult cardiomyocytes. it also shows in vivo antitumor activity in mice. Palmitic acid is CNS mediated via PKC-theta activation, resulting in reduced insulin activity.
1. Lavendustin A and hormothamnione exhibit cytotoxic effects on tumor cell lines.
2. Lavendustin A is a potent tyrosine kinase inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor, and an angiogenesis inhibitor.
3. Lavendustin A is a hyperbolic mixed-type inhibitor with respect to both ATP and the peptide substrate, with a major effect on the binding affinities for both substrates.
4. Lavendustin A at 0.1 nM-1 microM causes a concave-shaped inhibition of the insulin release stimulated by 7 mM glucose, the inhibitory effect can be overcomed by higher concentrations of glucose.
1. Sissotrin can impair glucose tolerance.