1. Shizukaol D exerts a growth inhibition effect on liver cancer cells in a dose- and time-dependent manner by modulating wnt signalling pathway.
2. Shizukaol D induces mitochondrial dysfunction by depolarizing the mitochondrial membrane and suppressing energy production, which may result in AMPK activation, suggests that shizukaol D may be used to treat metabolic syndrome.
Asperuloside exerts its anti-inflammatory effect in correlation with inhibition of a pro-inflammatory mediator through suppressing nuclear factor kappa-B (NF-κB) nuclear translocation and MAPK phosphorylation in a dose-dependent manner. Chronic administration of Asperuloside stimulates anti-obesity and anti-metabolic syndrome activity in HFD-fed rats across several organs, similar to Eucommia leaf extract (ELE) administration.
1. Norlichexanthone can promote the secretion and expression of adiponectin in cultured ST-13 adipocytes, it has the potential to treat and/or prevent lifestyle-related diseases, including metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases.
2. Norlichexanthone has antibacterial activity, it shows strong activity against Bacillus subtilis with IC50 in the range of 1-5uM, it also significantly inhibits the growth of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with IC50 of 20.95±1.56uM.
3. Norlichexanthone produces significant chemosuppression of parasitaemia, it has antimalarial activity.
Anhydroicaritin exhibits immunosuppressive effects and has strong activity in scavenging DPPH radical. Anhydroicaritin can improve diet-induced obesity and hyperlipidemia and alleviate insulin resistance by suppressing SREBPs activation, it can serve as a leading compound for pharmacological control of metabolic diseases. Anhydroicaritin has the potential of stimulating the formation of mineralization nodules and further speeding up the formation of bone, it possesses significant protective effects on the zymosan-induced peritonitis mice, which may be associated with the regulation ofCa2+, influx in macrophages and iNOS expression.
Mangiferin is a bioactive compound that demonstrates many health perspectives and has been used to prepare medicinal and food supplements. Mangiferin has anti-steatotic , anti-cancer, anthelminthic and antiallergic activities, it has beneficial effect on the regulation of endothelial homeostasis and could be used in the management of diabetic cardiovascular complications. Mangiferin regulates proliferation and apoptosis in glioma cells by induction of miR-15b and inhibition of MMP-9 expression, it attenuates osteoclastogenesis, bone resorption, and RANKL-induced activation of NF-κB and ERK.