1. Pimaric acid has potent anti-atherosclerotic activity with inhibitory action on matrix metalloproteinase-9 production and cell migration in TNF-α-induced human aortic smooth muscle cells.
2. 4-epi-Pimaric acid shows antibacterial, anti-biofilm and anti-inflammatory potency , can be exploited for therapeutic application in oral microbial infections.
1. Ginsenoside has been reported to suppress platelet aggregation and to reduce gap junction-mediated intercellular communication, also as a novel anti-skin cancer drug with anti-proliferative and anti-migration features.
2. Ginsenoside F1 significantly reduces ultraviolet-B-induced cell death by maintaining constant levels of Bcl-2 and protects HaCaT cells from apoptosis caused by ultraviolet B irradiation.
3. Ginsenoside F1 has beneficial effects on skin, it reduces α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone-induced melanin secretion in B16F10 cell culture media by 60%, but does not suppress intracellular melanin levels, tyrosinase activity and expression.
4. Ginsenoside F1 has inhibitory effect of elastase and tyrosinase, indicates that ginsenoside F1 have a potential for industrial cosmetic materials.
1. Ethyl beta-D-fructofuranoside shows positive anti-tumor cells migration effects.
1. Gartanin possesses antifungal property.
2. Gartanin possesses potent antioxidant, anti‑inflammatory properties.
3. Gartanin induces protective autophagy mainly by JNK-Bcl-2 pathway.
4. Gartanin possesses antineoplastic property, could be a multiple targeting agent into its chemopreventive properties for human urinary bladder cancer.
1. Harmine exerts its neuroprotective activity in neurological disorders.
2. Harmine is able to induce beta cell proliferation, increase islet mass and improve glycemic control.
3. Harmine is a hydrophobic drug with much adverse effects when used for treatment of liver cancer.
4. Harmine induces apoptosis and inhibits proliferation, migration and invasion of human gastric cancer cells, which may be mediated by down-regulation of COX-2 expression.