1. Pimaric acid has potent anti-atherosclerotic activity with inhibitory action on matrix metalloproteinase-9 production and cell migration in TNF-α-induced human aortic smooth muscle cells.
2. 4-epi-Pimaric acid shows antibacterial, anti-biofilm and anti-inflammatory potency , can be exploited for therapeutic application in oral microbial infections.
1. Ginsenoside F1,an enzymatically modified derivative of ginsenoside Rg1, protection from ultraviolet-B-induced apoptosis is tightly correlated with ginsenoside-F1-mediated inhibition of ultraviolet-B-induced downregulation of Bcl-2 and Brn-3a expression.
2. Ginsenoside F1 exhibited competitive inhibition of the activity of CYP3A4 with Ki values of 57.7 ± 9.6 μM and 67.8 ± 16.2 μM, respectively.
3. Ginsenoside F1 exhibited a weaker inhibition of the activity of CYP2D6.
1. Ethyl beta-D-fructofuranoside shows positive anti-tumor cells migration effects.
1. Gartanin possesses antifungal property.
2. Gartanin possesses potent antioxidant, anti‑inflammatory properties.
3. Gartanin induces protective autophagy mainly by JNK-Bcl-2 pathway.
4. Gartanin possesses antineoplastic property, could be a multiple targeting agent into its chemopreventive properties for human urinary bladder cancer.
1. Harmine exerts its neuroprotective activity in neurological disorders.
2. Harmine is able to induce beta cell proliferation, increase islet mass and improve glycemic control.
3. Harmine is a hydrophobic drug with much adverse effects when used for treatment of liver cancer.
4. Harmine induces apoptosis and inhibits proliferation, migration and invasion of human gastric cancer cells, which may be mediated by down-regulation of COX-2 expression.