1. 4-Hydroxybenzaldehyde shows an inhibitory effect on the GABA transaminase to contribute to an antiepileptic and anticonvulsive activity, and its inhibitory activity was higher than that of valproic acid, a known anticonvulsant.
1. Curcumol has antitumor activity.
2. Curcumol induces HSC-T6 cell death through suppression of Bcl-2: involvement of PI3K and NF-κB pathways.
3. Curcumol suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclast formation by attenuating the JNK signaling pathway.
4. Curcumol has anti-inflammatory property, inhibit Jak2-STAT Signal Pathway Molecules of Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
5. Curcumol is a novel anti-seizure agent which inhibited neuronal excitability through enhancing GABAergic inhibition, it has inhibitory effects on the excitability of hippocampal neurons in culture, the basal locomotor activity of freely moving animals, and the chemically induced seizure activity in vivo.
1. Mesaconitine increases the [Ca2+]i level in endothelial cells by influx of Ca2+ from extracellular spaces, suggests that mesaconitine-induced Ca2+ influx and activation of nitric-oxide synthase in endothelial cells and, thus, induced vasorelaxation in rat aorta.
2. Mesaconitine has antinociceptive activity, has inhibition of stimulus-triggered and spontaneous epileptiform activity in rat hippocampal slices.
3. Mesaconitine has antiinflammatory activity, can inhibit carrageenin-induced hind-paw edema in sham-operated mice as well as adrenalectomized mice, it do not affect the biosynthesis of the prostaglandins.
1. l-Tetrahydropalmatine can ameliorate behavioral phenotype induced by METH through regulation of 5-HT neuronal activity and dopamine D3 receptor expression.
2. Tetrahydropalmatine has a promyogenic effect by upregulation of p38MAPK and Akt resulting in enhanced MyoD activation, suggests that it has a potential as a therapeutic candidate to prevent fibrosis and improve muscle regeneration and repair.
3. DL-tetrahydropalmatine acts through the 5-HT2 and/or D2-receptor antagonism in the hypothalamus to induce hypotension and bradycardia in rats.
4. DL-tetrahydropalmatine (dl-THP) has been intensively studied for its sedative and hypnotic effects,dl-THP at defined low dosages acts as anxiolytics in mice, and the benzodiazepine site (BDS) mediates, at least in part, such anxiolytic effect of dl-THP.
5. Tetrahydropalmatine can effectively protect endothelial cells against γ-irradiation injury, which can potentially be applied to the prevention of endothelial cell dysfunctions associated with ionizing irradiation-induced lung injury.
6. Levo-tetrahydropalmatine inhibits cocaine's rewarding effects.
1. Saikosaponin A has antioxidant activities.
2. Saikosaponin A has an inhibitory activity against allergic asthma.
3. Saikosaponin A shows the most potent cytotoxicity against human cancer cells .
4. Saikosaponin A is an inhibitory for cell growth and DNA synthesis with 50-μg/ml.
5. Saikosaponin A has an anti-inflammatory activity by inhibiting the MAPK and NF-κB pathways in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells.