1. 4-Hydroxybenzaldehyde shows an inhibitory effect on the GABA transaminase to contribute to an antiepileptic and anticonvulsive activity, and its inhibitory activity was higher than that of valproic acid, a known anticonvulsant.
1. Curcumol has antitumor activity.
2. Curcumol induces HSC-T6 cell death through suppression of Bcl-2: involvement of PI3K and NF-κB pathways.
3. Curcumol suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclast formation by attenuating the JNK signaling pathway.
4. Curcumol has anti-inflammatory property, inhibit Jak2-STAT Signal Pathway Molecules of Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
5. Curcumol is a novel anti-seizure agent which inhibited neuronal excitability through enhancing GABAergic inhibition, it has inhibitory effects on the excitability of hippocampal neurons in culture, the basal locomotor activity of freely moving animals, and the chemically induced seizure activity in vivo.
1. Mesaconitine increases the [Ca2+]i level in endothelial cells by influx of Ca2+ from extracellular spaces, suggests that mesaconitine-induced Ca2+ influx and activation of nitric-oxide synthase in endothelial cells and, thus, induced vasorelaxation in rat aorta.
2. Mesaconitine has antinociceptive activity, has inhibition of stimulus-triggered and spontaneous epileptiform activity in rat hippocampal slices.
3. Mesaconitine has antiinflammatory activity, can inhibit carrageenin-induced hind-paw edema in sham-operated mice as well as adrenalectomized mice, it do not affect the biosynthesis of the prostaglandins.
1. Tetrahydropalmatine reduces heroin craving and increasing the abstinence rate among heroin-dependent patients.
2. Tetrahydropalmatine depletes neurotransmitters such as dopamine, noradrenaline and serotonin. L-Tetrahydropalmatine is an inhibitor of D3DR and SR-1A.
1. Saikosaponin A has antioxidant activities.
2. Saikosaponin A has an inhibitory activity against allergic asthma.
3. Saikosaponin A shows the most potent cytotoxicity against human cancer cells .
4. Saikosaponin A is an inhibitory for cell growth and DNA synthesis with 50-μg/ml.
5. Saikosaponin A has an anti-inflammatory activity by inhibiting the MAPK and NF-κB pathways in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells.