1. Dehydrodiisoeugenol has anti-inflammatory activity.
(1). Dehydrodiisoeugenol inhibited the expression of the COX-2 in RAW264.7 murine macrophages stimulated with LPS.
(2). Dehydrodiisoeugenol inhibited LPS-stimulated phosphorylation-dependent proteolysis of inhibitor κB-α and transcriptional activity of NF-κB in the cells.
1. Myristicin may antagonize the anxiolytic effects of midazolam, increase anxiety, and affect motor movements.
2. Myristicin can alter mitochondrial membrane function, induce apoptosis and modulate gene expression in human leukaemia K562 cells.
3. Myristicin can induce apoptosis as characterised by alterations in the mitochondrial membrane potential, cytochrome c release, caspase-3 activation, PARP-cleavage and DNA fragmentation.
4. Myristicin has anti-cholinergic, antibacterial,and hepatoprotective effects.
5. Myristicin has anti-inflammatory properties related with its inhibition of NO, cytokines,chemokines, and growth factors in dsRNA-stimulated macrophages via the calcium pathway.