1. 1,4,5,6-Tetrahydroxy-7-prenylxanthone exhibits moderate activities with GI50 (Growth inhibitory) values of 2.8 μM against the human leukaemic HL-60 cell line were measured in vitro.
2. 1,4,5,6-Tetrahydroxy-7-prenylxanthone shows moderate cytotoxicities against breast cancer (MDA-MB-435S) and lung adenocarcinoma (A549) cell lines.
1. Scoparone shows antifungal activity.
2. Scoparone has immunosuppression and vasorelaxation effects.
3. Scoparone protects against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury.
4. Scoparone has antianginal action.
5. Scoparone has antioxidant capabilities, it is a very efficient inhibitor of ultraviolet radiation -induced lipid peroxidation and damage.
6. Scoparone is a phytoalexin associated with resistance of citrus to Phytophthora citrophthora.
1. Dihydropinosylvinin is an phytoalexin, it shows antifungal activity against Cladosporium cladosporioides, Botryodiplodia theobromae, Aspergillus niger and Penicillium schlerotgenum, it also exhibits strong antibacterial activity against Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli.
2. Dihydropinosylvin and batatasin IV can inhibit the germination of seeds of and root elongation in young seedlings of Sorghum bicolor.
1. Maackiain induces apoptosis and growth suppression
2. MAK1 is the second functional gene cloned from Maackiain detoxification.