1. Fupenzic acid shows a significant decrease in intracellular melanin content in B16-F10 cells, and in culture media melanin.
1. Saikosaponin B2 acts on HCV E2, inhibits infection by several genotypic strains and prevents binding of serum-derived HCV onto hepatoma cells.
2. Saikosaponin B2 of 5 microM induces differentiation of B16 melanoma cells, with potentiation of expressions of melanogenesis and tyrosinase.
|CFN99458||Ergosterol peroxide glucoside
1. Ergosterol peroxide exhibits inhibitory effects on human breast adenocarcinoma MCF-7 cells, it inhibits the growth of MCF-7 cells by inducing cell apoptosis.
2. Ergosterol peroxide exhibits hACAT-1 and Lp-PLA2 inhibitory effects, with inhibitory values of 51.6 +/- 0.9 and 51.7 +/- 1.2%, at a treatment concentration of 0.23 mM; suggests that it could as an anti-atherosclerosis agent.
3. Ergosterol peroxide shows very strong anticomplementary activity on the classical pathway, the IC(50) values being 5.0 muM.
4. Ergosterol peroxide can suppress inflammatory responses in RAW264.7 macrophages and growth of HT29 colon adenocarcinoma cells, it appears to suppress cell growth and STAT1 mediated inflammatory responses by altering the redox state in HT29 cells.
5. Ergosterol peroxide has anti-melanogenic activity.
6. Ergosterol peroxide has amoebicidal activity (IC50 =4.23nM), it produces a strong cytotoxic effect against amoebic growth.
7. Ergosterol peroxide has osteoclastogenesis inhibitory effect, it shows an inhibitory effect in a dose-dependent manner and an inhibition rate of up to 62% with low cytotoxicity, even at a concentration as low as 1.0 microg/mL.
8. Ergosterol peroxide has antibacterial activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and has antiviral action.
9. Ergosterol peroxide has anti-oxdiant activity.
1. Arbutin has whitening, anti- age effects and UVB/ UVC filter by inhibiting tyrosinase and thus preventing the formation of melanin.
2. Normal skin microflora may increase the skin lightening effect of arbutin due to the antioxidant action of hydroquinone.
3. Arbutin might be useful for treating the inflammatory and deleterious effects of BV2 microglial cells activation in response to LPS stimulation.
1. Mulberroside has nephroprotective, hypoglycemic, and antidiabetic effects.
2. Mulberroside A is a glycosylated stilbene of oxyresveratrol; thus, the deglycosylation of Mulberroside A resulted in enhanced inhibition of melanogenesis.
3. Mulberroside A has anti-inflammatory antiapoptotic effects. by decreasing the expressions of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), interleukin (IL)-1β, and IL-6 and inhibiting the activation of NALP3, caspase-1, and nuclear factor-κB and the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinases, the c-Jun N-terminal kinase, and p38.