1. Monotropein has anti-inflammatory activity, it exerts protective effects against IL-1β-induced apoptosis and catabolic responses on osteoarthritis chondrocytes.
2. Monotropein contributes to the antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory action of Morinda officinalis root, monotropein (at 20, 30 mg/kg/d, p.o.) can significantly reduce stretching episodes and prolong action time in mice, it also can significantly reduce acute paw edema by carrageenan in rats.
3. Monotropein can increase osteoblastic bone formation and prevent bone loss in ovariectomized mice, it may serve as a new candidate or a leading compound for antiosteoporosis.
1. Momordin Ic might represent a potential source of anticancer candidate, by inducing apoptosis through oxidative stress-regulated mitochondrial dysfunction involving the MAPK and PI3K-mediated iNOS and HO-1 pathways.
2. Momordin Ic and oleanolic acid obtained from KF appear to contribute to alleviating the adverse effects of CCl4 treatment by enhancing the hepatic antioxidant defense system.
3. Momordin Ic accelerates gastrointestinal transit partially by stimulating synthesis of 5-HT to act through 5-HT(2), possibly 5-HT(2C) and/or 5-HT(2B) receptors, which, in turn, increases synthesis of prostaglandins.
4. Momordin Ic inhibited gastric emptying , is relative to serum glucose and, at least in part, mediated by capsaicin-sensitive sensory nerves and the central nervous system.
1. Conocarpan exhibits antifungal activity.
2. Conocarpan exhibits insecticidal, and antitrypanosomal activities.
1. Sophocarpine is a human HERG inhibitor with an IC50 of about 0.2 mM.
2. The intestinal absorption mechanism of Sophocarpine was deduced as passive transference by Caco-2 cell monolayer model.
3. Sophocarpine could decrease the level of serum transaminase, improve lipid metabolism, reduce synthesis of inflammatory cytokines TNF-α, TGF-β1 and IL-6, activate protective adipocytokine adiponectin, might be a drug for colonic inflammation and NASH.
1. 1beta-Hydroxybaccatin I possesses significant antinociceptive activity against p- benzoquinone-induced abdominal contractions.