1. Protopine can reduce the inflammatory activity of lipopolysaccharide-stimulated murine macrophages, the inhibitory effects is caused by blocking phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAP kinases) and also blocking activation of a nuclear factor kappa-light-chain-enhancer of activated B cells (NF-κB).
2. Protopine acts as a potent inhibitor of thromboxane synthesis and PAF with anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Protopine has protective effects on hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative injury of PC12 cells via Ca 2+ antagonism and antioxidant mechanisms.
4. Protopine has hepatoprotective potential of Fumaria indica Pugsley whole plant extracts.
5. Protopine inhibits serotonin transporter and noradrenaline transporter and has the antidepressant-like effect in mice models.
6. Protopine has antispasmodic and relaxant activity on isolated guinea-pig ileum.
7. Protopine, a novel microtubule-stabilizing agent, causes mitotic arrest and apoptotic cell death in human hormone-refractory prostate cancer cell lines.
1. Daidzin is a potent, selective aldehyde dehydrogenase inhibitor, selectively suppresses ethanol intake in all rodent models tested..
2. Daidzin regulates oxidative stress, was closely related to the suppression of adipose tissue and the progression of diabetes.
3. Daidzin has preventive effect on bone loss in ovariectomized rats appears to be due to suppression of bone turnover.
4. Daidzin in the rhizome of Pueraria lobata are prodrugs, which has antiallergic and antithrombotic activities, can inhibit ADP- and collagen-induced platelet aggregation, produced by intestinal microflora.
5. Daidzin and puerarin can induce a conformational change of beta-CD, which is compressed in one direction and stretched in the other.
1. Curdione may have anti-inflammatory and cancer chemopreventive activities.
2. Curdione can induce the apoptosis of the human breast cancer cell line MCF-7,and block the cells at G1/G0 phase,thereby inhibiting the proliferation of MCF-7 cells;and both mitochondrial pathway and death receptor pathway participate in the process to induce the apoptosis.
3. Curdione shows significant anti-platelet aggregation and antithrombotic activities , the inhibitory mechanism of curdione on platelet aggregation may increase cAMP levels and subsequently inhibit intracellular Ca2+ mobilization.
4. Curdione plays an important role in the CYP3A4 inhibitory activity of C. aromatica and curdione might inhibit the activity by accelerating the degradation of CYP3A4.
1. Coumarin is an edema modifier in clinical medical treatment.
2. Coumarin has appetite-suppressing properties, which in plants may reduce the impact of grazing animals.
3. Coumarin is also used as a gain medium in some dye lasers, and as a sensitizer in older photovoltaic technologies.
4. Coumarin is used in the pharmaceutical industry as a precursor reagent in the synthesis of a number of synthetic anticoagulant pharmaceuticals similar to dicoumarol.
1. Liensinine,a kind of isoquinoline alkaloid,can antagonize the ventricular arrhythmias.