1. Cedrelone exhibits antifeedant activity.
2. Cedrelone and its derivatives exert antimicrobial activities, bromohydroxy cedrelone and Michael adduct show good antifungal activity.
3. Cedrelone and dysobinin show significant cytotoxicity against cancer cell lines, such as -60, SMMC-7721, A-549, MCF-7 and SW480.
4. Cedrelone is a very potent inducers of apoptosis, it can cause cell cycle arrest.
5. Cedrelone has insecticidal activity, it inhibits arval growth of P. saucia, and the molting of the milkweed bug, Oncopeltus fasciatus.
1. Eucamolol exhibits significant repellent activity against Aedes albopictus, and inhibits its feeding as well as DEET, is effective repellent (75%) up to 3 h after exposure to mosquito.
1. Odoratone shows insecticidal activities, it shows mortality on fourth instar larvae of mosquitoes (Anopheles stephensi) with LC(50) values of 154 ppm.
2. Odoratone exhibits strong antifeedant activity against Pieris brassicae.
1. Toosendanin (TSN) was used as a digestive tract-parasiticide and agricultural insecticide in ancient China;TSN is a selective presynaptic blocker and an effective antibotulismic agent, by interfering with neurotransmitter release through an initial facilitation followed by a subsequent depression.
2. Toosendanin has antifeedant and growth inhibitory effects, it can significantly deter feeding of 2nd- and 4th-instar larvae in diet choice and leaf disc choice bioassays, resp.
3. Toosendanin can induces outgrowth of neuronal processes and apoptosis in PC12 cells.
4. Toosendanin to be a novel L-type Ca 2+ channel agonist, which possesses a distinct binding site from BayK8644.
5. Toosendanin has effects on the growth, cell cycle arrest, induction of apoptosis and the involved signaling pathway in human promyelocytic leukemia HL-60 cells.
1. 2,5,7,8,9,14-Hexaacetoxy-3-benzoyloxy-15-hydroxyjatropha-6(17),11E-diene (Jatrophane 2 ) exhibits significant antifeedant activity against a generalist plant-feeding insect, the cotton bollworm (Helicoverpa armigera).
2. Jatrophane 2 demonstrates the most powerful inhibition of P-gp, higher than R(+)-verapamil and tariquidar in colorectal multi-drug resistant (MDR) cells (DLD1-TxR).