Saikosaponin B1 may be as anti-schizophrenic candidate drugs, it can suppress the signal transduction after binding of EGF.
Cannabidiol has a potent anti-arthritic effect in collagen-induced arthritis through its combined immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory actions, it has a pharmacological profile similar to that of atypical antipsychotic drugs. Cannabidiol exerts a combination of neuroprotective, anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effects against beta-amyloid peptide toxicity, and that inhibition of caspase 3 appearance from its inactive precursor, pro-caspase 3, by cannabidiol is involved in the signalling pathway for this neuroprotection. Cannabidiol may have great therapeutic potential in the treatment of diabetic complications, and perhaps other cardiovascular disorders, by attenuating oxidative/ nitrative stress, inflammation, cell death and fibrosis.
Pregnenolone is an endogenous steroid hormone for inhibition of M1 receptor and M3 receptor-mediated currents with IC50 of 11.4 μM and 6.0 μM, respectively. Pregnenolone has memory-enhancing effects, used in the treatment of fatigue, Alzheimer’s disease, trauma and injuries.
1. Quetiapine fumarate monotherapy (150 mg/day and 300 mg/day) is effective, with safety and tolerability in the treatment of patients with major depressive disorder.
2. Quetiapine fumarate can treat patients with schizophrenia.
1. Gentianine has anti-diabetic effect.
2. Gentianine has antipsychotic activity.
3. Gentianine has potential anti-inflammatory action, might be at least partly based on the suppressed production of TNF-alpha and IL-6.
4. Gentianine has diuretic activity, it could be developed as a safe antihypertensive drug.
5. Gentianine has hypotensive effect, it can produce a decrease in heart rate and systolic, diastolic and mean arterial blood pressure.
6. Gentianine has a protective effect on hippocampal CA1 neurons in rats subjected to recurrent febrile convulsion (FC), it can ameliorate FC-induced neuronal injury by enhancing glutamate acid decarboxylase activity, decreasing glutamate levels and increasing γ-aminobutyric acid levels.