1. Neotuberostemonine (NTS) is one of the main antitussive alkaloids in the root of Stemona tuberosa Lour, it has a significant protective effect on bleomycin (BLM)-induced pulmonary fibrosis through suppressing the recruitment and M2 polarization of macrophages.
2. Neotuberostemonine demonstrates antitussive properties in guinea pigs.
1. Theobromine may have therapeutic potential for diabetic nephropathy, by reducing kidney ECM accumulation in diabetic.
2. Theobromine independently increased serum HDL-cholesterol concentrations by 0.16 mmol/L.
3. Theobromine at normal intake ranges may contribute to the positive effects of chocolate, but at higher intakes, effects become negative.
1. Peimine has good anti-inflammatory effects in vivo.
2. Peimine is an inhibitor to inhibit LPS-induced production of inflammatory cytokines by blocking the MAPKs and NF-κB signaling pathway.
1. Picrinine has notable antitussive, antiasthmatic, expectorant, antiinflammatory and analgesic effects; medicinal composition containing picrinine as active ingredient can be prepared into multiple dosage forms and can be used for treating cold, fever, and respiratory disease caused by fever with good therapeutic effect, convenient application and high safety; picrinine can be used as quality index for pharmic control in preparing medicine for treating cold, fever and respiratory disease caused by fever.
1. Neostenine shows significant antitussive activities.