1. Aconitine, one of the major Aconitum alkaloids, is a highly toxic compound from the Aconitum species, in the causation of severe arrhythmias leading to death.
2. Aconitine appears to exert a long-lasting cholinergic action which may be involved in the genesis of aconitine-induced atrial fibrillation.
1. beta-Asarone has neuroprotection, it can afford a beneficial inhibition on both mRNA and protein expression of Bad, Bax, and cleavage of caspases 9 in rat hippocampus following intrahippocampal injections of Abeta (1-42).
2. beta-Asarone has anthelmintic activity using contractility of Ascaridia galli., it shows potent activity with IC50 values of 75.4 +/- 61.8 ng/mL.
3. beta-Asarone prevents autophagy and synaptic loss by reducing ROCK expression in SAMP8 mice.
4. beta-Asarone has anticoagulant effect in the mouse and the rat.
5. beta-Asarone can inhibit colon cancer formation in vivo and in vitro by inducing senescence, since beta-asarone induces lamin B1 expression.
6. beta Asarone can cause liver and cardiac damages, it also has reproductive toxicity, beta asarone administered at a dose of 50mg/kg b.wt. is capable enough in bringing about moderate amount of degenerative changes in rat testis and altered antioxidant status.
7. beta-Asarone exhibits anti-inflammatory effects by suppressing the production of pro-inflammatory mediators through NF-κB signaling and the JNK pathways in activated microglial cells and might be developed as a promising candidate to treat various neuroinflammatory diseases.
1. Cinobufotalin is a main cardiac toxin in toad.
2. Cinobufotalin is a novel anti-HCC agent, it induces growth inhibition and apoptosis in cultured HCC cells through ceramide production.
3. Cinobufotalin is an effective reversal agent for the multidrug resistance of tumors, it can reverse the adriamycin-resistance in Raji/ADR cells and the expression of P-gp and MRP-1 proteins.
4. Cinobufotalin can promote the dendritic cells(DCs) derived from peripheral blood of patients with chronic hepatitis B to mature and effectively enhance its(the DCs') capabilities, therefore the treatment of cinobufotalin may potentiate the antiviral immunity of the patients with chronic hepatitis B(CHB).
1. Rhodojaponin II correlates pretty well with cardiotoxicity.
1. Ranaconitine has cardiotoxicity.