1. Sweroside possesses strong hepatoprotective effect.
2. Sweroside is a promising osteoporosis therapeutic natural product, has anti-osteoporotic effect on the human MG-63 cells and rat osteoblasts.
3. Sweroside and swertiamarine may have wound healing activity, they also have cytoprotective effects, which may cause a synergism in terms of wound healing activity of Gentian.
4. Sweroside can inhibit potent melanogenesis in melan-a cells at 300uM without cytotoxicity, also decreases tyrosinase, tyrosinase-related protein-1 (TRP-1) and TRP-2 protein production in melan a cells, it may be an effective skin-whitening agent through the regulates the expression of MAP kinase and melanogenic enzymes.
5. Sweroside and gentiopicroside suppress Pck1 expression and induce phosphorylation of components in the insulin signalling cascade, demonstrates that they show insulin-mimicking effects on the regulation of Pck1 expression.
1. Aucubin has anti-microbial activity.
2. Aucubin has anti-algesic, and anti-tumor activities.
3. Aucubin can improves nerve regeneration in the rat model of sciatic nerve injury.
4. Aucubin has anti-inflammatory property, can benefit the IL-1β stimulated chondrocytes，may treat OA.
5. Aucubin may improve obesity-induced atherosclerosis by attenuating TNF-α-induced inflammatory responses.
6. Aucubin can significantly rescue neurons in the hippocampal CA1 subfield and reduced working errors during behavioral testing.
1. Isosaponarin increases collagen synthesis in human fibroblasts, causes by up-regulated TbetaR-II and P4H production.