1. Epicurzerenone , germacrone, curdione and curzerenone can be used as chemical markers for discrimination and quality control among different groups of samples.
1. Heterophyllin B is used as the quality control index for evaluating P. heterophylla in the Chinese Pharmacopoeia.
2. Heterophyllin B effectively suppresses the adhesion and invasion of the human esophageal carcinoma cells by mediating the PI3K/AKT/β-catenin pathways and regulating the expression levels of adhesion- and invasion-associated genes.
1. Continentalic acid and kaurenoic acid are quality control markers in Aralia continentalis.
2. Continentalic acid shows moderate cytotoxicity against A-549 (lung), THP-1 (leukemia) and MCF-7 (breast) cell lines.
3. Continentalic acid exerts significant anti-inflammatory activity.
4. Continentalic acid can efficiently induces apoptosis and is a good candidate for further evaluation as an effective chemotherapeutic agent.
5. Continentalic acid has minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of approximately 8-16 microg/mL against S. aureus, including the MSSA and MRSA standard strains.
1. 1-Methyl-2-undecyl-4(1H)-quinolone(1-Methyl-2-undecylquinolin-4(1H)-one) shows a selective inhibition of type B MAO (MAO-B) activity with the IC(50) value of 15.3 microM using a substrate kynuramine, but does not inhibit type A MAO (MAO-A) activity.
2. 1-Methyl-2-undecyl-4(1H)-quinolone, and dihydroevocarpine should also be served as the chemical markers together with evodiamine for the quality control of Evodia rutaecarpa (Juss.) Benth.
3. 1-Methyl-2-undecyl-4(1H)-quinolone can mitigate high phosphate-induced human aortic valve interstitial cells (HAVICs) calcification by inhibiting phosphate cotransporter (PiT-1) gene expression.
4. 1-Methyl-2-undecyl-4(1H)-quinolone shows moderate antiangiogenic activity against human tumor cells.