1.Madecassoside protects neuroprotective, stroke damage and D-gal-induced cognitive impairment due to its ability to reduce oxidative damage, improve synaptic plasticity and restore cholinergic function.
2.Madecassoside has anti-arthritis properties not by absorption into blood or by its metabolite, but through an intestine-dependent manner.
1. Tyrosol is a potential hypo-pigmenting agent.
2. Tyrosol has antioxidant effect, can decrease hyperglycemia.
3. Tyrosol has anti-allergic inflammatory effects by inhibiting the degranulation of mast cells and expression of inflammatory cytokines
4. Tyrosol significantly protects dopaminergic neurons from MPP(+)-induced degradation, and reveals potential neuroprotective mechanism of Tyrosol.
5. Tyrosol has cytoprotective effect in I/R-caused myocyte mortality was involved with the mitigation of ROS, prohibition of the activation of ERK, JNK and caspase-8, and elevation of Hsp70 and Bcl-2/Bax ratio.
1. Timosaponin BII has anti-dementia activity.
2. Timosaponin BII may be useful for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
3. Timosaponin BII has antioxidant activity, can inhibit the up-regulation of BACE1 and reduced the over-production of β-CTF and Aβ in rat retina, which was induced by FeCl₃.
1. High Folic acid inhibits MTHFR activity in vitro, and MTHFR protein was reduced in FASD-fed mice.
2. The combined use of enalapril and Folic acid, compared with enalapril alone, significantly reduced the risk of first stroke.
3. Both local perfusion of 5-MTHF and supplementation with Folic acid increase vasodilatation in ageing individuals through NO-dependent mechanisms.
1. Morusinol may significantly inhibit arterial thrombosis in vivo due to antiplatelet activity, may exert beneficial effects on transient ischemic attacks or stroke via the modulation of platelet activation.