1. Punicalagin is a potential alternative or supplemental agent for prevention of Salmonella infection, has a greater antifungal activity against T. rubrum.
2. Punicalagin has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant effects for cerebral I/R injury in rats.
3. Punicalagin protected neuronal damage by downregulating the levels of malondialdehyde, sodium-potassium adenosine triphosphatase activity, nitric oxide, protein carbonyl content, and mitochondria-generated reactive oxygen species and upregulating the superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase, reduced glutathione, glutathione reductase activities.
1. Ginsenoside Rg2 has a neuroprotective effect against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity through mechanisms related to anti-oxidation and anti-apoptosis.
2. Ginsenoside Rg2 may be as a potential treatment strategy for Alzheimer's disease by inhibiting the formation of Abeta1-40.
3. Ginsenoside Rg2 inhibits nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated Na+ influx and channel activity.
4. Ginsenoside Rg2 may regulate the 5-HT3A receptors that are expressed in Xenopus oocytes.
5. Ginsenoside Rg2 may inhibit or prevent the growth of tumors.
1. Taurine, a free β-amino acid with remarkable antioxidant activity, is used in Taurine-enriched beverages to boost the muscular power of athletes.
2. Taurine can attenuate nandrolone decanoate-induced poor sperm quality and testicular toxicity in rats.
3. Taurine can effectively promote chondrocyte growth and enhance accumulation of glycosaminoglycans and collagens in the conditioned media of chondrocytes, it is effective in proliferation promotion and phenotype maintenance of chondrocytes, thus, taurine may be a useful pro-chondrogenic agent for autologous chondrocyte implantation in the treatment of cartilage repair.
1. Galangin has anti-proliferation effect on HCC cells.
2. Galangin may as an anti-metastatic medicament in clinical therapy.
3. Galangin may be a potential candidate for the treatment of vitiligo .
4. Galangin may be a novel therapeutic option in human HNSCC treatment.
5. Galangin elicits anti-inflammatory effects on LPS-activated macrophages via the inhibition of ERK, NF-κB-p65 and proinflammatory gene expression.
6. Galangin can inhibit Topo I activity and reduce the unwinding rate of single stranded DNNA in tumor cells, which plays an important role in induction of A549 and H46 cell apoptosis.
1. (+)-Catechin hydrate has antioxidant activity and is effective in reducing oxidative stress.