1. 8-Gingerol is one of the principal components of ginger, which is widely used in China and elsewhere as a food, spice and herb, shows immunosuppressive activity on the immune responses to ovalbumin (OVA) in mice, 8-gingerol suppressed lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and concanavalin A (ConA)-stimulated splenocyte proliferation in vitro.
2. 8-Gingerol suppresses cellular tyrosinase activity and decrease melanin content, inhibits the expression of MC1R, MITF, tyrosinase, TRP1 and TRP2, decreases intracellular RS and ROS levels in B16F10 and B16F1 cells, inhibits melanogenesis by down-regulation of MAPK, PKA signaling pathway; it could be used as an effective skin-whitening agent.
3. 8-Gingerol has inhibition of T lymphocyte proliferation and cytokine synthesis.
4. 8-Gingerol has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory activities.
1. Insampaedoksan is a traditional herbal medicine used for antipyretic and antiinflammatory diseases, isoliquiritigenin is the main compound of it , thus , isoliquiritigenin has bioactivity effects such as antioxidant, estrogenic and anticancer.
2. Isoliquiritin, liquiritin,and isoliquirigenin induce apoptotic cell death through upregulating p53 and p21 in the A549 non-small cell lung cancer cells and inhibit the p53-dependent pathway and showed crosstalk between Akt activities,suggests they can be an alternative agent for the treatment of lung cancer.
3. Isoliquiritin and liquiritin produce significant antidepressant-like effects, and their mechanism of action may be due to increased 5-HT and NE in the mouse hippocampus, hypothalamus and cortex.
4. Isoliquiritin has antifungal activity, and has inhibitory effect against peronophythora litchi chen through a membrane damage mechanism.
1. Betaine is an important nutrient for the prevention of chronic disease.
2. Betaine is an osmolyte to protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress (eg, low water, high salinity, or extreme temperature).
3. Betaine is a methyl donor to participate in the methionine cycle—primarily in the human liver and kidneys.
4. Betaine can protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, and enhance performance.
1. Asiaticoside might be a new preventive agent of ALI in the clinical setting, suppressed inflammatory responses in LPS-induced ALI through inhibition of the phosphorylation of NF-κB p65 subunit and the degradation of its inhibitor IκBα.
2. Asiaticoside significantly decreased the synthesis and secretion of extracellular matrix, inhibited TGF-beta expression and the post-stenting intima-media membrane hyperplasia, reduced the endothelial cell damage by effectively up-regulate the expression of Smad7 protein.
1. Beta-Sitosterol has anti-hypercholesterolaemic,antioxidant,estrogenic, hypolipidaemic,antibacterial and antifungal effects.
2. Beta-Sitosterol inhibits growth of HT-29 human colon cancer cells by activating the sphingomyelin cycle.