1. Dictamnine,a natural plant product, has anti-microbial activity against bacteria and fungi.
2. Dictamnine induced S phase cell cycle arrest at low concentration and cell apoptosis at high concentration ,in which mitochondria and caspase were not involved.
3. Dictamnine was enhanced by DHA, induced A549 cell apoptosis via a caspase-dependent pathway .
1. Tartrazine and carmoisine are an organic azo dyes widely used in food products, drugs and cosmetics.
2. Tartrazine is a food additive that belongs to a class of artificial dyes and contains an azo group; it has significant genotoxic effect , may be harmful to health and its prolonged use could trigger carcinogenesis.
1. Sunset yellow FCF and Brilliant Blue FCF are used as colorant food additives in many food products, they can have cytotoxic and genotoxic potential, it care must be taken when using these materials as a food additive.
1. Verminoside has anti-inflammatory effect, inhibits both iNOS expression and NO release in the LPS-induced J774.A1 macrophage cell line.
2. Verminoside is a potential inhibitor of tyrosinase correlating with the observed antioxidant activity in vitro.
3. Verminoside induces genotoxicity on human lymphocytes: Involvement of PARP-1 and p53 proteins.
1. Tryptophol can inhibit the infection/replication of GVE2 by interacting with the host's Clp protease.
2. Tryptophol induces apoptosis through DR5 and that the resistance of PBL to Tryptophol-induced apoptosis might be due to competition from DcR1.