1. Betaine is an important nutrient for the prevention of chronic disease.
2. Betaine is an osmolyte to protect cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress (eg, low water, high salinity, or extreme temperature).
3. Betaine is a methyl donor to participate in the methionine cycle—primarily in the human liver and kidneys.
4. Betaine can protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, and enhance performance.
1. Moslosooflavone significantly inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappaB in LPS/IFN-gamma stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages.
1. Dehydroevodiamine hydrochloride (0.1-0.3 mg/kg iv) can increase the cerebral blood flow recorded from the surface of the supra-sylvian gyrus in anesthetized cats, suggest that it selectively increases cerebral blood flow.
2. Dehydroevodiamine hydrochloride has novel anti-cholinesterase and antiamnesic activities, it inhibits acetylcholinesterase activity in a dose-dependent and non-competitive manner(IC50=37.8 microM); its potent antiamnesic effect is thought to be due to the combined effects of acetylcholinesterase inhibition and the known cerebral blood flow enhancement, indicates that dehydroevodiamine hydrochloride may have therapeutic potential in various disorders including Alzheimer's disease.
1. Mosloflavanone is an antifungal and radical scavenging 2-hydroxyflavanone.
2. Mosloflavone possesses strong anti-EV71 activity and decreased the formation of visible cytopathic effects, it also inhibits virus replication during the initial stage of virus infection, and inhibits viral VP2 protein expression, thereby inhibiting viral capsid protein synthesis.
3. Mosloflavone can significantly prolong the survival time of hypoxic mice.
4. Mosloflavone shows promising anti-inflammatory activity via inhibition of TNF-α and IL-1β with IC50 values of 16.4 uM and 6.4 uM, respectively; it shows dose-dependent inhibition of TNF-α, IL-1β and iNOS levels in the supernatant of mouse macrophage cell line J774A.
5. Mosloflavone can be used as a starting point to discover lead structures for treatment of inflammatory and immunomodulatory diseases.