Taraxasterol has anti-inflammatory, anti- tumor-promoting , anti-endotoxic shock and anti-allergic asthma activities. It inhibited NO, IFN-γ, PGE(2), TNF-α, IL-1β and IL-6 production.
Citrus narirutin fraction (CNF), contained 75% of narirutin, co-administration of CNF with alcohol can alleviate alcohol induced liver damage through preventing lipid formation, protecting antioxidant system and suppressing productions of pro-inflammatory cytokines. Narirutin has anti-inflammatory effect in a murine model of allergic eosinophilic airway inflammation, the mechanism is likely to be associated with a reduction in the OVA-induced increases of IL-4 and IgE.
1. Quercetin 3-O-methyl ether is a potent phosphodiesterase (PDE)3/4 inhibitor, it has potential for treating asthma against ovalbumin-induced airway hyperresponsiveness .
Licochalcone A is an estrogenic flavanoid extracted from licorice root, showing antimalarial, antileishmanial, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral activities. It could be a promising strategy in treating osteoporotic weight-bearing bones fractures with defects, and be a useful compound for the development of antibacterial agents for the preservation of foods containing high concentrations of salts and proteases, in which cationic peptides might be less effective.
1. 3-O-Methylquercetin may exert its anti-inflammatory effect through the inhibition of iNOS DNA transcription.
2. 3-O-Methylquercetin is a selective and competitive PDE3/PDE4 inhibitor, and inhibits PDE3 than PDE4 with a low K(m) value.
3. 3-O-Methylquercetin inhibits total cAMP- and cGMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE) of guinea pig trachealis at low concentrations.
4. 3-O-Methylquercetin has both anti-inflammatory and bronchodilating effects, and has the potential for use in the treatment of asthma at a dose without affecting blood pressure.
5. 3-O-Methylquercetin has antiviral activity.