1. Taraxasterol has anti-inflammatory effect by blocking NF-κB pathway, it can inhibit NO, PGE(2), TNF-α, IL-1β and IL-6 production in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophages in a dose-dependent manner, and prevent the LPS-induced NF-κB translocation from cytoplasm into nuclear.
2. Taraxasterol has protective effect on allergic asthma induced by ovalbumin (OVA) in mice.
1. Narirutin has anti-inflammatory effect in a murine model of allergic eosinophilic airway inflammation, the mechanism is likely to be associated with a reduction in the OVA-induced increases of IL-4 and IgE, suggests that narirutin may be an effective new tool in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
2. Citrus narirutin fraction (CNF), contained 75% of narirutin, co-administration of CNF with alcohol can alleviate alcohol induced liver damage through preventing lipid formation, protecting antioxidant system and suppressing productions of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
1. Quercetin 3-O-methyl ether is a potent phosphodiesterase (PDE)3/4 inhibitor, it has potential for treating asthma against ovalbumin-induced airway hyperresponsiveness .
1. Licochalcone A can inhibit the in vitro growth of both chloroquine-susceptible (3D7) and chloroquine-resistant (Dd2) Plasmodium falciparum strains, it exhibits potent antimalarial activity and might be developed into a new antimalarial drug.
2. Licochalcone A is a novel antiparasitic agent with potent activity against human pathogenic protozoan species of Leishmania.
3. Licochalcone A has positively effects on cell-aggregates ECM secretion and osteogenic differentiation during bone formation in metaphyseal defects in ovariectomized rats, it could be a promising strategy in treating osteoporotic weight-bearing bones fractures with defects.
4. Licochalcone A possesses anti-cancer activity, it can significantly inhibit the cell migration/invasion capacities of SCC-25 cells.
5. Licochalcone A has potent anti-inflammatory effect , it can significantly suppress LPS signaling pathway through the inhibition of NF-kappa B p65 phosphorylation at serine 276.
6. Licochalcone A can suppress poly-IC-induced thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) expression and production by inhibiting the IKK/NF-κB signaling pathway, which might be involved in the pathogenesis of virus-exacerbated asthma, further elucidation of the mechanisms underlying these observations can help develop therapeutic strategies for virally induced asthma.
7. Licochalcone A has antibacterial activity against spore-forming bacteria, it could be a useful compound for the development of antibacterial agents for the preservation of foods containing high concentrations of salts and proteases, in which cationic peptides might be less effective.
1. 3-O-Methylquercetin may exert its anti-inflammatory effect through the inhibition of iNOS DNA transcription.
2. 3-O-Methylquercetin is a selective and competitive PDE3/PDE4 inhibitor, and inhibits PDE3 than PDE4 with a low K(m) value.
3. 3-O-Methylquercetin inhibits total cAMP- and cGMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE) of guinea pig trachealis at low concentrations.
4. 3-O-Methylquercetin has both anti-inflammatory and bronchodilating effects, and has the potential for use in the treatment of asthma at a dose without affecting blood pressure.
5. 3-O-Methylquercetin has antiviral activity.