1. 3-O-Methylquercetin may exert its anti-inflammatory effect through the inhibition of iNOS DNA transcription.
2. 3-O-Methylquercetin is a selective and competitive PDE3/PDE4 inhibitor, and inhibits PDE3 than PDE4 with a low K(m) value.
3. 3-O-Methylquercetin inhibits total cAMP- and cGMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE) of guinea pig trachealis at low concentrations.
4. 3-O-Methylquercetin has both anti-inflammatory and bronchodilating effects, and has the potential for use in the treatment of asthma at a dose without affecting blood pressure.
5. 3-O-Methylquercetin has antiviral activity.
Theophylline is a competitive nonselective phosphodiesterase inhibitor and nonselective adenosine receptor antagonist, which is the most widely used anti-asthma drug worldwide and is classified as a bronchodilator. It has antiinflammatory, and immunomodulatory actions, it also can antagonize flurazepam-induced depression of cerebral cortical neurons.
Peimisine may have antihypertensive action, it can inhibit angiotensin I converting enzyme activity in a dose-dependent manner(the IC50 value of 526.5 microM). Peimisine can affect M-receptor, excit β-receptor, restrain the release of internal calcium, and promote to releaseing nitrogen monoxidum in order to relax tracheal smooth muscle and relieve asthma. It plays a protective role against LPS-induced acute lung injury, and against the experimental hepatic fibrosis formation.
1. Vasicinone may act as a hepatoprotective agent.
2. (±)-Vasicinone has significant antitussive, expectorant, and bronchodilating activities, which can be used to treat respiratory disease.
3. (S)-Vasicinone exhibits antiproliferative activity against human gastric cancer cells MCG-803.
Glaucine has antitussive, antioxidative potential and antiviral activities, it may be an anti-arthritic agent, it can enhance LPS and zymosan-induced IL-10 production. Glaucine can inhibit the migration and invasion of human breast cancer cells by MMP-9 inhibitory activity, attenuating IκBα and NF-κB activities.