1. Meliasenin B displays dose-dependent toxicity on HepG2 cells, suggests that it may cause hepatotoxicity.
1. Palmitic acid induces down-regulation of APOM expression, is mediated via the PPARβ/δ pathway.
2. Palmitic acid induces anxiety-like behavior in mice while increasing amygdala-based serotonin metabolism.
3. Dietary TAGs with an increased proportion of Palmitic acid in the sn-2 position do not have acute adverse effects on the insulin and glucose response to meals in healthy men and women, but they decrease GIP release.
4. Palmitic acid has a significant impact on proliferation and differentiation of NSCs in vitro and may be useful for elucidating the role of SFAs in regulating NSCs fate in physiological and pathological settings.
1. Dictamnine,a natural plant product, has anti-microbial activity against bacteria and fungi.
2. Dictamnine induced S phase cell cycle arrest at low concentration and cell apoptosis at high concentration ,in which mitochondria and caspase were not involved.
3. Dictamnine was enhanced by DHA, induced A549 cell apoptosis via a caspase-dependent pathway .
1. Hyaluronic acid-Deoxycholic acid conjugates are a good candidate for drug delivery and could potentiate therapeutic formulations for doxorubicin-mediated cancer therapy.
1. Bavachinin could be used as a therapeutic agent for inhibiting tumor angiogenesis.
2. Bavachinin can inhibit tube formation in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) as well as in vitro migration of KB cells.
3. Bavachinin decreases transcription of genes associated with angiogenesis and energy metabolism that are regulated by HIF-1, such as vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGF), Glut 1 and Hexokinase.
4. Bavachinin inhibits increases in HIF-1α activity in human KB carcinoma (HeLa cell derivative) and human HOS osteosarcoma cells under hypoxia in a concentration-dependent manner, probably by enhancing the interaction between von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) and HIF-1α.