1. Ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one can induce G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells, these results would be useful for the further utilization of many medicinal fungi in cancer treatment.
2. Ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one has cytotoxic activity against human gastric cancer cell.
3. Ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one treatment can confer protection against early renal injury in a rat model of aristolochic acid (AA) nephropathy, early administration of it may prevent the progression of renal injury and the subsequent renal fibrosis in AA nephropathy.
4. Ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one has inhibitory activity of nitric oxide production in RAW 264.7 cells stimulated by lipopolysaccharide was examined and shows a potential activity with the IC(50) value of 28.96 microM.
1. Notoginsenoside R1(NR1) has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiapoptotic, and immune-stimulatory activities.
2. NR1 can attenuate renal ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury, which may be related to p38 and nuclear factor kappaB inhibition.
3. NR1 inhibits TNF-alpha-induced ERK activation and subsequent fibronectin overexpression and migration in human arterial smooth muscle cells (HASMCs) by suppressing NADPH oxidase-mediated ROS generation and directly scavenging ROS.
4. NR1 may preferentially protect neurons from glutamate (Glu) excitotoxicity mediated by N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor composed of an NR1/NR2B subunit assembly in the brain.
5. NR1 can counteract endotoxin-induced activation of endothelial cells in vitro and endotoxin-induced lethality in mice in vivo.
6. NR1 attenuates amyloid-β-induced damage in neurons by inhibiting reactive oxygen species and modulating MAPK activation, it is a great potential agent for Alzheimer's disease and other Aβ pathology-related neuronal degenerative disease.
1. Robinin has protective effect against the ox-LDL induced inflammation stress in hPBMCs by inhibiting TLR4-NF-κB signaling pathway.
2. Robinin has cardioprotective effect on doxorubicin-induced cardiac toxicity by modulating TGF-β1 signaling pathway in Sprague Dawley rats.
1. Magnolin has anti-inflammatory,anti-histaminic,and antioxidative effects.
2. Magnolin can ameliorate the renal tubular necrosis, apoptosis, and the deterioration of renal function.
3. Magnolin reduces the renal oxidative stress, suppresses caspase-3 activity, and increases Bcl-2 expression in vivo and in vitro.
4. Magnolin might be a naturally occurring chemoprevention and therapeutic agent capable of inhibiting cell proliferation and transformation by targeting ERK1 and ERK2.
1. Arjunolic acid has anti-inflammatory, antinociceptive and anticholinesterasic (AChE and BuChE) activities, it may as promising targets for the development of innovative multi-functional medicines for Alzheimer desease treatment.
2. Arjunolic acid may protect liver and kidney from ATO-induced severe tissue toxicity.
3. Arjunolic acid effects appears mainly restricted or originated at the parasite peripheral cytoplasm.
4. Arjunolic acid possesses antioxidant properties and plays protective roles against chemically induced organ pathophysiology.
5. Arjunolic acid can protect against cisplatin-induced testicular injury by attenuating oxidative stress parameters along with downregulation of iNOS, TNF-α, and p38-MAPK testicular expressions.
6. Arjunolic acid protects cardiac tissues from both extrinsic and intrinsic cell death pathways.
7. Arjunulic acid produces antitumor activity against Ehrlich Ascites carcinoma (EAC) by increasing cytotoxicity and apoptosis and partially blocking the TGF-βR1 and affecting inflammatory cytokine levels.
8. Arjunolic acid exhibits better protection against histamine release than against acetylcholine release, anti-asthmatic and anaphylactic activity of it may be possibly due to membrane stabilizing potential and inhibition of antigen induced histamine and acetylcholine release.