1. Ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one prevents early renal injury in aristolochic acid-induced nephropathy rats.
2. Ergosta-4,6,8(14),22-tetraen-3-one induces G2/M cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human hepatocellular carcinoma HepG2 cells.
1. Notoginsenoside R1 has antioxidant, antiapoptotic activities.
2. Notoginsenoside R1 inhibited the LPS-induced degradation of I kappa B-alpha and superinduced LPS-induced I kappa B-alpha mRNA.
3. Notoginsenoside R1 provided neuroprotection via inducing an estrogen receptor-dependent crosstalk between Akt and ERK1/2 pathways, then activating Nrf2/ARE signaling and thereby up-regulating phase II antioxidant enzymes.
1. Robinin has protective effect against the ox-LDL induced inflammation stress in hPBMCs by inhibiting TLR4-NF-κB signaling pathway.
2. Robinin has cardioprotective effect on doxorubicin-induced cardiac toxicity by modulating TGF-β1 signaling pathway in Sprague Dawley rats.
1. Magnolin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidative effects.
2. Magnolin can ameliorate the renal tubular necrosis, apoptosis, and the deterioration of renal function.
3. Magnolin reduces the renal oxidative stress, suppresses caspase-3 activity, and increases Bcl-2 expression in vivo and in vitro.
4. Magnolin might be a naturally occurring chemoprevention and therapeutic agent capable of inhibiting cell proliferation and transformation by targeting ERK1 and ERK2.
1. Arjunolic acid protects cardiac tissues from both extrinsic and intrinsic cell death pathways.
2. Arjunolic acid may protect liver and kidney from ATO-induced severe tissue toxicity.
3. Arjunolic acid effects appears mainly restricted or originated at the parasite peripheral cytoplasm.
4. Arjunolic acid possesses antioxidant properties and plays protective roles against chemically induced organ pathophysiology.
5. Arjunolic acid can protect against cisplatin-induced testicular injury by attenuating oxidative stress parameters along with downregulation of iNOS, TNF-α, and p38-MAPK testicular expressions.