1. 4-Hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde has a much higher potential in scavenging hydroxyl radical and superoxide radical than vanillin as indicated in the ESR spin-trapping measurement.
2. 4-Hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde can effectively protect plasmid DNA against 10-50 Gy gamma-ray induced breaks in vitro at the concentrations as low as 10-20 microM.
3. 4-Hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde has powerful antioxidant activity, in minimizing DNA damage, and activating survival signal Akt pathway, and it may be of value in the development of radioprotective compounds.
1. Zingerone has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Zingerone is a suitable anti-virulent drug candidate against P. aeruginosa infections, because of the anti-quorum sensing activity of Zingerone targeting ligand-receptor interaction.
3. Zingerone effectively inhibits DMH-induced colon carcinogenesis in male Wistar rats, and ACF formation with simultaneous modulation in the level of tissue lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status.
1. Rhoifolin shows monolithic proliferation inhibitory activities against Hela, A549 and MCF-7 cell lines.
2. Rhoifolin may be beneficial for diabetic complications through their enhanced adiponectin secretion, tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor-β and GLUT4.
1. Ciwujianoside B may enhance reuse of choline to accelerate the synthesis of acetylcholine in hippocampal neurons by activation of cholinesterase.
2. Ciwujianoside B can relieve fatigue, enhance memory, and improve human cognition.
3. Ciwujianoside B may inhibit the metabolism of drugs metabolized via CYP2C9 and CYP2E1.
4. Ciwujianoside B may increase the toxicity of the drugs.
1. Orientin may be regarded as a candidate therapeutic agent for treatment of vascular inflammatory diseases via inhibition of the HMGB1 signaling pathway.
2. Orientin protects vascular barrier integrity by inhibiting hyperpermeability, expression of CAMs, and adhesion and migration of leukocytes, thereby endorsing its usefulness as a therapy for vascular inflammatory diseases.
3. Orientin has neuroprotection effect by the intracellular mediation of caspase activity; may alleviate cognitive deficits and oxidative stress in AD mice; can exert antidepressant-like effects on CUMS mice, specifically by improving central oxidative stress, neurotransmission, and neuroplasticity.