1. Lobetyolin has a protective role in gastric mucosa injury,and the mechanism may be relate to the increase in level of 6-K-PGF1αand the inhibition the excretion of gastric acid and EGF.
2. Lobetyolin, lobetyol, and methyl linoleate inhibit the gene expression of MUC5AC mucin induced by PMA, however lobetyolin did not affect PMA-induced MUC5AC mucin production.
1. Neohesperidin is a natural new nutrition sweetener, widely existing in plants of dry citrus peel, is particularly suitable for consumption by diabetic patients.
2. Neohesperidin exhibits antioxidant activity (IC50=22.31ug/mL) in the 1,1-diphenyl -2-picryldydrazyl (DPPH) radical-scavenging assay; neohesperidin (50mg/kg) significantly inhibits 55.0% of HCl/ethanol-induced gastric lesions, and increases the mucus content, it may be useful for the treatment and/or protection of gastritis.  3. Neohesperidin can attenuate cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury via the inhibition of neuronal and oxidative stress through the regulation of the apoptotic pathway and activating the Akt/Nrf2/HO-1 pathway.
4. Neohesperidin and hesperidin have potent anti-inflammatory effects in various inflammatory models, they significantly aggravate gastric damage caused by indomethacin administration as evidenced by increased ulcer index and histopathological changes of stomach.
5. Neohesperidin, Albiflorin, and Aloeemodin have a potent inhibitory effect on Aβ1-40 and Aβ1-42 aggregation, and have neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-Amyloid induced toxicity.
1. Arbutin has whitening, anti- age effects and UVB/ UVC filter by inhibiting tyrosinase and thus preventing the formation of melanin.
2. Normal skin microflora may increase the skin lightening effect of arbutin due to the antioxidant action of hydroquinone.
3. Arbutin has mutagenicity in mammalian cells after activation by human intestinal bacteria.
4. Arbutin has gastroprotective activities.
5. Arbutin is an anti-oxidant and a depigmenting agent, also has anti-inflammatory effect, it may be useful for treating the inflammatory and deleterious effects of BV2 microglial cells activation in response to LPS stimulation.
1. Rutin has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory activity.
2. Rutin inhibits aldose reductase activity. Aldose reductase is an enzyme normally present in the eye and elsewhere in the body. It helps change glucose into the sugar alcohol sorbitol.
3. Rutin inhibits platelet aggregation, as well as decreases capillary permeability, making the blood thinner and improving circulation, could be used to treat patients at risk of heart attacks and strokes.
4. Rutin shows to inhibit in vitro the vascular endothelial growth factor in subtoxic concentrations, so acts as an inhibitor of angiogenesis, can be used to treat hemorrhoids, varicosis, and microangiopathy.
1. Dehydroabietic acid (DAA) is an EBV-EA activation inhibitor.
2. DAA is a useful food-derived compound for treating obesity-related diseases, by decreasing plasma glucose, insulin levels, plasma triglyceride (TG) ,and hepatic TG levels.
3. DAA derivatives displays anti-secretory and anti-pepsin effect in animal models.