1. 5,5'-Dimethoxylariciresinol-4'-O-beta-D-glucoside is shown to effectively enhance chemosensitivity of resistant cells, which makes it may be a suitable candidate for potential multidrug resistance (MDR)-reversing agents.
1. 5,7-Dihydroxychromone isolated from DME is one of the active compounds that may contribute to regulate blood glucose levels.
2. 5,7-Dihydroxychromone exerts neuroprotective effect against 6-OHDA-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis by activating Nrf2/ARE signal .
3. 5,7-Dihydroxychromone induces the translocation of Nrf2 to the nucleus and increases Nrf2/ARE binding activity which results in the up-regulation of the expression of Nrf2-dependent antioxidant genes, including HO-1, NQO1, and GCLc.
1. 5-Heptadecylresorcinol has strong inhibitory property against the growth of PC3 cells.
1. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural is one component of food, has antioxidative properties and is therefore used as an acting agent in a novel anticancer infusion solution, named Karal®, and an oral supplementation.
2. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) and furfural (F) could be formed in soft beverages of rich sugar during process, and often used as an index of heat treatment, HMF is also considered as potentially carcinogenic to humans.
3. The aerobic oxidation of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural, a versatile biomass-derived chemical, is examined in water with a titania-supported gold-nanoparticle catalyst at ambient temperature (30 ℃).
1. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents anxiolytic effects.
2. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents antinociceptive activity.
3. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents antidepressant effects, seems to be dependent on its interaction with the dopaminergic system, but not with the serotonergic and noradrenergic systems.
1. 6,7,4'-Trihydroxyisoflavone has antioxidant activity.
2. 6,7,4'-Trihydroxyisoflavone, is a novel inhibitor of PKCα in suppressing solar UV-induced matrix metalloproteinase 1.
3. 6,7,4'-trihydroxyisoflavone, suppresses adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes via ATP-competitive inhibition of PI3K.
4. 6,7,4'-trihydroxyisoflavone inhibits HCT-116 human colon cancer cell proliferation by targeting CDK1 and CDK2.