4'-Hydroxyacetophenone is a potent xanthine oxidase inhibitor, three 4′-hydroxyacetophenone-related phytoalexins from Polymnia sonchifolia have antifungal activity.
4-Hydroxybenzaldehyde shows an inhibitory effect on the GABA transaminase to contribute to an antiepileptic and anticonvulsive activity, and its inhibitory activity was higher than that of valproic acid, a known anticonvulsant.
4-Hydroxybenzoic acid, also known as p-hydroxybenzoic acid (PHBA), is a phenolic derivative of benzoic acid and widely used in organic synthesis. 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid derivatives has potential to as pan-HDAC inhibitors with anticancer properties. 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid positively regulates the expression of gum cluster to promote EPS production in PXO99A; it can inhibit most gram-positive and some gram-negative bacteria, with an IC50 of 160 μg/mL.
1. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol possesses anti-angiogenic, anti-inflammatory and anti- nociceptive activity possibly via its down-regulating activity on NO production, which may be partly responsible for the pharmacological efficacy of several folkloric medicines.
2. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol exhibits beneficial effects in cerebral ischemic injury, has neuroprotective effect through upregulation of Nrf2, Prdx6, and PDI expression via the PI3K/Akt pathway.
3. 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol inhibit the development of new blood vessels by targeting multiple mechanisms of the angiogenic process, may as a promising candidate for the establishment of anti-angiogenic treatment strategies in cancer therapy.
1.4'-Hydroxywogonin has positive effect on inhabiting those human tumor lines in vitro, with IC50 value is 8.3-38.4ug/mL .
1. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid is a photosensitive compound.
2. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid shows various pharmacologic actions such as hepatoprotective and antihyperglycemic activities, it also can stimulate insulin secretion from pancreatic β-cells by increasing Ca2+ influx via the L-type Ca2+ channels, but not through the closure of ATP-sensitive K+ channels.
3. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid can strongly inhibit the diphenolase activity of mushroom tyrosinase, with the IC 50 value of 0.42 mM, and the inhibition is reversible.
4. 4-Methoxycinnamic acid has protective effectan active phenolic acid against 1,2- dimethylhydrazine-induced colon carcinogenesis by modulating biotransforming bacterial enzymes and xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes.
4-Methylumbelliferone is a hyaluronic acid (HA) synthesis inhibitor with an IC50 of 0.4 mM, which has antitumoral and antimetastatic effects. 4-Methylumbelliferone may inhibit the phosphorylation of HAS2 by PKC through the stimulation of O-GlcNAcylation; it also similarly ameliorates hypertriglyceridemia and hyperglycemia partly by modulating hepatic lipid metabolism and the antioxidant defense system along with increasing adiponectin levels.
4-O-Feruloylquinic acid can be useful for the prevention of cardiovascular and other chronic diseases.