1. Ajugol shows some trypanocidal potential against Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense (IC50 values 29.3–73.0 ug/ml).
1. Albiflorin enhances mitochondrial function to suppress antimycin A-induced oxidative damage via the preservation of cytochrome C and cardiolipin, indicates that albiflorin may reduce or prevent osteoblast degeneration in osteoporosis.
2. Albiflorin produces significant antidepressant-like effects, which are closely related to the hippocampal 5-HT/NE increase and expression, indicates that albiflorin could be a potential anti-depressant drug.
3. The administration of albiflorin can significantly ameliorate myelosuppression in all cases, it may promote the recovery of bone marrow hemopoietic function in a myelosuppressed mouse model.
4. Albiflorin, aloeemodin and neohesperidin have inhibition of β-amyloid aggregation, they have neuroprotective effect on primary hippocampal cells against β-amyloid induced toxicity.
5. Albiflorin can serve as a new chemical marker for the quality control of Paeoniae Radix and the Chinese Pharmacopoeia can be updated, via has similar anti-inflammatory effects to paeoniflorin.
|CFN90198||Alisol A 24-acetate
1. Alisol A 24-acetate has been determined for the quality control of this crude drug.
|CFN99753||Alisol B 23-acetate
1. Alisol B 23-acetate produces protective effect against ANIT-induced hepatotoxity and cholestasis, due to FXR-mediated regulation of transporters and enzymes.
2. Alisol B 23-acetate produces promotive effect on liver regeneration, due to FXR-mediated regulation of genes involved in hepatocyte proliferation and hepato-protection.
3. Alisol B 23-acetate produces a protective effect against CCl4-induced hepatotoxicity, due to FXR and STAT3-mediated gene regulation.
4. Alisol B 23-acetate obviously inhibits proliferation of the three ovarian cancer cell lines, it possesses anti-proliferation, anti-migration and anti-invasion activities as a single agent on ovarian cancer cells.
5. Alisol B 23-acetate could be a transporter substrate for P-glycoprotein (P-gp), it is also a partial non-competitive inhibitor of P-gp when verapamil was used as a substrate, suggests that it may be a potential MDR reversal agent and could serve as a lead compound in the development of novel drugs.
6. Alisol B 23-acetate shows moderate cytotoxic activities against B16-F10 and HT1080 tumor cells.
1. Alisol C can improve glucose uptake in Hep G2 cells, it may be one of the therapeutic material basis in hypoglycemic activities in A. orientalis.
2. Alisol C,16,23-oxido-alisol B and alisol O in Zexie may cause nephrotoxicity.
|CFN90199||Alisol C monoacetate
1. Alisol C 23-acetate has antibacterial activity.
1. Allantoin has anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities.
2. Allantoin can enhance the antifungal activity of Nanoencapsulation.
3. Allantoin, as I-1R agonist, has the potential to develop as a new therapeutic agent for hypertension in the future.
1. Allicin exerts a unique bactericidal effect on biofilm-embedded bacteria.
2. Allicin can treat cancer via alleviating liver injury by as an adjuvant to Tamoxifen .
3. Allicin has protective effects on H9c2 cells, could inhibit intracellular ROS production instead of scavenging extracellular H(2)O(2) or free radicals.
4. Allicin could significantly inhibit vascular smooth muscle cells' proliferation and migration induced by insulin, which may be related to the inhibition of the activation of ERK signal path.
5. Allicin may inhibit the proliferation and induce the apoptosis of MGC‑803 human gastric carcinoma cells, and this may partially be achieved through the enhanced expression of p38 and cleaved caspase 3.
1. Alnustone exerts significant anti-inflammatory activity in the assay of carrageenin-induced hind paw edema in rats.
1. Aloeemodin (AE) has a specific in vitro and in vivo anti-neuroectodermal tumor activity.
2. Aloeemodin reduces the toxicity and ROS induced by both monomeric and oligomeric Aβ species.
3. Aloeemodin appears to have some protective effect not only against hepatocyte death but also on the inflammatory response subsequent to lipid peroxidation.
4. Aloeemodin has a strong stimulant-laxative action; is not carcinogenic when applied to the skin, although it may increase the carcinogenicity of some kind of radiation.