5,15-Diacetyl-3-benzoyllathyrol is a melanine production inhibitor, excellent in inhibiting pigment stagnation and improving the discoloration of the skin or freckles, has excellent stability.
1. 5,5'-Dimethoxylariciresinol-4'-O-beta-D-glucoside is shown to effectively enhance chemosensitivity of resistant cells, which makes it may be a suitable candidate for potential multidrug resistance (MDR)-reversing agents.
5,7-Dihydroxychromone is one of the active compounds that may contribute to regulate blood glucose levels. 5,7-Dihydroxychromone exerts neuroprotective effect against 6-OHDA-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis by activating Nrf2/ARE signal.
1. 5-Heptadecylresorcinol has strong inhibitory property against the growth of PC3 cells.
1. 5-Hydroxy-3',4',7-trimethoxyflavone shows prominent inhibitory activity against soybean lipoxygenase.
2. 5-Hydroxy-3′,4′,7-trimethoxyflavone has anti-inflammatory activity, it can significantly inhibit nitric oxide production and induce reduction in the mRNA expressions of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation in RAW 264.7 macrophages.
3. 5-Hydroxy-3',4',7-trimethoxyflavone shows moderate antitrypanosomal activity with MIC value of 19.0 ug/ml.
4. 5-Hydroxy-3',4',7-trimethoxyflavone shows antibacterial and antifungal activities against Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus faecalis, Echerichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, Candida krusei and Candida galabrata.
5. 5-Hydroxy-3',4',7-trimethoxyflavone shows potent inhibitory activities against antigen- induced degranulation in RBL-2H3 cells.
1. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural is one component of food, has antioxidative properties and is therefore used as an acting agent in a novel anticancer infusion solution, named Karal®, and an oral supplementation.
2. 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) and furfural (F) could be formed in soft beverages of rich sugar during process, and often used as an index of heat treatment, HMF is also considered as potentially carcinogenic to humans.
3. The aerobic oxidation of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural, a versatile biomass-derived chemical, is examined in water with a titania-supported gold-nanoparticle catalyst at ambient temperature (30 ℃).
1. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents anxiolytic effects.
2. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents antinociceptive activity.
3. 5-Isopropyl-2-methylphenol presents antidepressant effects, seems to be dependent on its interaction with the dopaminergic system, but not with the serotonergic and noradrenergic systems.