1. 3,3',4',5,6,7,8-Heptamethoxyflavone(HMF) has anti-inflammatory property.
2. HMF has a neuroprotective effect after brain ischemia by inducing BDNF production and anti-inflammatory effects.
3. HMF has an immunomodulatory function via reduced interleukin-4 expression.
4. HMF is a chemopreventive agent against nitric oxide (NO) carcinogenesis.
5. HMF has anti-aging and photoprotective effects on the skin, it inhibits collagenase activity and induces type I procollagen synthesis in HDFn cells.
6. HMF has anti-allergic activity, it shows inhibitory activity on RBL-2H3 cells degranulation.
1. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the TNF-α- and LPS-stimulated production of inflammatory mediators in keratinocytes by suppressing the Toll-like receptor 4 expression-mediated activation of the Akt, ERK and NF-ĸB pathways, it may exert an inhibitory effect against the pro-inflammatory mediator-induced skin disease.
2. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the proteasome inhibitor-induced programmed cell death in PC12 cells by suppressing the activation of the mitochondrial pathway and the caspase-8- and Bid-dependent pathways, the effect be attributed to its inhibitory effect on the formation of reactive oxygen species and depletion of GSH.
1. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde has been shown to inhibit the growth of Gloeosporium musarum, a fungus which causes ripe fruit rot in the banana.
2. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde can inhibit oxidative DNA damage and apoptosis via its antioxidant activity.
3. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde inhibits the phosphotransferase activity of CKII with IC(50) of about 783 microM, it may function by inhibiting oncogenic disease, at least in part, through the inhibition of CKII activity.
4. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde inhibits the H2O2-induced apoptosis of granulosa cells, promotes estradiol secretion in granulosa cells and enhanced the mRNA expression levels of steroidogenic factor 1, a promoter of key steroidogenic enzymes.
5. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde has tyronase inhibitory effect.
1. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid exhibits scavenging actions against the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical, the superoxide anion, and the hydroxyl radical.
2. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid isolates from a green alga protects human keratinocytes against UVB-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis.
3. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has been shown to prevent carcinogenesis or antitumor growth in vivo, it has apoptotic effect on human gastric carcinoma cells involving JNK/p38 MAPK signaling activation.
4. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid can prevent Abeta (25-35)-induced neuronal cell damage by interfering with the increase of [Ca(2+)](c), and then by inhibiting glutamate release, generation of ROS and caspase-3 activity.
5. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has protection against Adriamycin cytotoxicity and inhibition of DNA topoisomerase II activity.
6. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has nematicidal activity against Meloidogyne incognita.
7. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid shows significant antioxidant using DPPH and antimicrobial activities.
1. 5,7,3',5'-Tetrahydroxyflavanone has inhibitory effects on HIV-1 reverse transcriptase (RT)-associated RNase H function, it may have antiviral activity against HIV-1.
2. 5,7,3',5'-Tetrahydroxyflavanone has anti-inflammatory properties, it can inhibit nitric oxide (NO) production with IC50 values of 18.5 uM, the inhibitory effect is accompanied by dose-dependent decreases in LPS-induced nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in RAW 264.7 cells.
1. 3β,5α-Dihydroxy-(22E,24R)-ergosta-7,22-dien-6-one exhibits strong or moderate cytotoxic activities against MCF-7, A549, Hela and KB cell lines with IC50 values 4.98 (MCF-7), 1.95 (A549), 0.68(Hela), and 1.50 uM (KB), respectively.
1. 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose has neuroprotective effect and antidepressive activity in rats, at least in part, by increasing expression of cyclic AMP response element (CRE)-binding protein (CREB) and its downstream target protein, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).
2. Treatment with 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose (0.6, 6, and 60 μmol/L) increases cell viability dose dependently, inhibits LDH release, and attenuated apoptosis. The mechanisms by which 3,6'-Disinapoyl sucrose protect neuron cells from glutamate-induced excitotoxicity include the downregulation of proapoptotic gene Bax and the upregulation of antiapoptotic gene Bcl-2.
1. 3α-Akebonoic acid shows interesting in vitro growth inhibitory activity against human tumor A549 and HeLa cell lines, it also shows significant in vitro α-glucosidase inhibitory activity.
2. 3α-Akebonoic acid can interfer with presenilin-1 (PS1)/ β-site APP-cleaving enzyme 1 (BACE1) interaction and reduces Aβ production, the chemical interference of PS1/BACE1 interaction is a promising strategy for Alzheimer’s disease therapeutics.
1. (Z)-3-butylidenephthalide has antihyperglycemic effect is due to inhibition of α-glucosidase at the intestinal level, inhibited the activity of yeast-α-glucosidase (IC(50) 2.35 mM) in a noncompetitive fashion with a K(i) of 4.86 mM.
2. Z-3-Butylidenephthalide can induce a dose-dependent antinociceptive action in the hot-plate assay, it is also effective for controlling the pain provoked by chemical irritation at the doses of 10 and 31.6 mg/kg.
1. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone is an effective HO-1 inducer at the translational level.
2. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-inflammatory effects, is a valuable compound for modulating inflammatory conditions.
3. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has anti-influenza virus activity, the mechanism involved anti-apoptosis and anti-inflammation activities in vitro.
4. 3-Deoxysappanchalcone has inhibitory activity on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells, is mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation.