1. 2-Hydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone enhances apoptosis of U937 cells,in part,through activation of p-p38MAPK and downregulation of p-ERK1/2; triggers caspase-3 activation mediated apoptotic induction.
2. 2-Hydroxy-3-methylanthraquinone enhances apoptosis of THP-1 cells, in part, through activation of Fas/FasL, DR4 and TRAIL; triggers caspase-8 activation mediated apoptotic induction.
1. 2-Hydroxycinnamic acid has photooxidant activity.
2. Trans-2-hydroxycinnamicacid (T2HCA) is a hydroxyl derivative of cinnamic acid, trans-2-hydroxycinnamic acid has efficacy against trichlorfon-induced oxidative stress in wistar rats.
3. 2-Hydroxycinnamic acid germanium has strong inhibitory effect on the tumor U14.
1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein is an isoflavonoid phytoalexin.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein suppress chemical mediators in inflammatory cells, may have value in treatment and prevention of central and peripheral inflammatory diseases associated with excess production of chemical mediators.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B (fMLP/CB) with IC(50) values of 2.8+/-0.1 and 5.9+/-1.4 microM, respectively.
1. 2'-Hydroxygenistein has antifungal activity, dimerization of it causes a remarkable increase of antifungal activity.
2. 2'-Hydroxygenistein exhibits greater antiproliferative effects in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells than does genistein, suggest that 2'-hydroxylation of genistein can enhance its antioxidant activity and cell cytotoxicity in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells.
3. 2'-Hydroxygenistein shows significant concentration-dependent inhibitory effects on the release of beta-glucuronidase and lysozyme from rat neutrophils in response to formyl-Met-Leu-Phe/cytochalasin B.
1. The recombinant protein exhibits high FNS I activity catalyzing the conversion of naringenin to apigenin and 2-Hydroxynaringenin.
1. 3,3',4',5,6,7,8-Heptamethoxyflavone(HMF) has anti-inflammatory property.
2. HMF has a neuroprotective effect after brain ischemia by inducing BDNF production and anti-inflammatory effects.
3. HMF has an immunomodulatory function via reduced interleukin-4 expression.
4. HMF is a chemopreventive agent against nitric oxide (NO) carcinogenesis.
5. HMF has anti-aging and photoprotective effects on the skin, it inhibits collagenase activity and induces type I procollagen synthesis in HDFn cells.
6. HMF has anti-allergic activity, it shows inhibitory activity on RBL-2H3 cells degranulation.
1. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the TNF-α- and LPS-stimulated production of inflammatory mediators in keratinocytes by suppressing the Toll-like receptor 4 expression-mediated activation of the Akt, ERK and NF-ĸB pathways, it may exert an inhibitory effect against the pro-inflammatory mediator-induced skin disease.
2. 3,4,5-Tricaffeoylquinic acid may attenuate the proteasome inhibitor-induced programmed cell death in PC12 cells by suppressing the activation of the mitochondrial pathway and the caspase-8- and Bid-dependent pathways, the effect be attributed to its inhibitory effect on the formation of reactive oxygen species and depletion of GSH.
3,4-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde, a potent tyrosinase inhibitor, has antifungal activity, it can inhibit oxidative DNA damage and apoptosis via its antioxidant activity. It inhibits the phosphotransferase activity of CKII with IC(50) of about 783 microM, it may function by inhibiting oncogenic disease, at least in part, through the inhibition of CKII activity. It inhibits the H2O2-induced apoptosis of granulosa cells, promotes estradiol secretion in granulosa cells and enhanced the mRNA expression levels of steroidogenic factor 1, a promoter of key steroidogenic enzymes.
1. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid exhibits scavenging actions against the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical, the superoxide anion, and the hydroxyl radical.
2. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid isolates from a green alga protects human keratinocytes against UVB-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis.
3. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has been shown to prevent carcinogenesis or antitumor growth in vivo, it has apoptotic effect on human gastric carcinoma cells involving JNK/p38 MAPK signaling activation.
4. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid can prevent Abeta (25-35)-induced neuronal cell damage by interfering with the increase of [Ca(2+)](c), and then by inhibiting glutamate release, generation of ROS and caspase-3 activity.
5. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has protection against Adriamycin cytotoxicity and inhibition of DNA topoisomerase II activity.
6. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid has nematicidal activity against Meloidogyne incognita.
7. 3,4-Dihydroxybenzoic acid shows significant antioxidant using DPPH and antimicrobial activities.