1. Camphor is highly repellent to the beetles with overall repellency in the range of 80 - 100%.
1. (+)-Catechin hydrate has antioxidant activity and is effective in reducing oxidative stress.
Corynoline is a reversible and noncompetitive inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase(AChE) with the IC50 value of 30.6 microM, which exhibits the potent anti-inflammatory and/or immunosuppressive activity, the potent inhibitory activity of corynoline for the ICAM-1/LFA-1 adhesion and would be important on developing the clinically usable drugs for the inflammatory diseases.
(+)-Gallocatechin as a bio-antimutagenic compound against UV-induced mutation in Escherichia coli. It is potent in scavenging Fremy’s salt, a synthetic free radical, it possesses antioxidant capacities that is higher or comparable to that of ascorbic acid or Trolox.
1. Lyoniresinol shows robust anti-melanogenic activity, decreases tyrosinase activity and melanin biosynthesis in B16F10 cells by activating ERK signaling, which downregulated MITF, tyrosinase, but not TRP-1 and TRP-2 protein expression.
2. Lyoniresinol has antioxidant effect.
1. (+)-Praeruptorin A exerts distinct relaxant effects on isolated rat aorta rings, which may be mainly attributed to nitric oxide synthesis catalyzed by endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
1. (+)-Pteryxin has muscle-relaxant props.
2. (+)-Pteryxin shows hepatoprotective and nitric oxide prodn. inhibitory activity.
1. (+)-Sophoranol exhibits antiviral activity against the Coxsackie virus B3.
2. (+)-Sophoranol shows potent anti-HBV activity with an inhibitory potency against HBsAg secretion and against HBeAg secretion.
1. (+)-Syringaresinol shows inhibitory activity of Helicobacter pylori motility, the IC50 value of 50 microg/ml.
2. (+)-Syringaresinol can upregulate silent information regulator two ortholog 1 (SIRT1) gene expression.
3. (+)-Syringaresinol exhibits cytoprotective activity in cultured MCF-7 cells stressed by H2O2.
4. (+)-Syringaresinol shows antioxidant potential .