1. Lyoniresinol shows robust anti-melanogenic activity, decreases tyrosinase activity and melanin biosynthesis in B16F10 cells by activating ERK signaling, which downregulated MITF, tyrosinase, but not TRP-1 and TRP-2 protein expression.
2. Lyoniresinol has antioxidant effect.
1. (+)-Praeruptorin A and (-)-praeruptorin A exerted distinct relaxant effects on isolated rat aorta rings, which might be mainly attributed to nitric oxide synthesis catalyzed by endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
1. (+)-Pteryxin has muscle-relaxant props.
2. (+)-Pteryxin shows hepatoprotective and nitric oxide prodn. inhibitory activity.
1. (+)-Sophoranol exhibits antiviral activity against the Coxsackie virus B3.
2. (+)-Sophoranol shows potent anti-HBV activity with an inhibitory potency against HBsAg secretion and against HBeAg secretion.
1. (+)-Taxifolin is an inhibitor of aggregation of the 42-residue amyloid β-protein, it has preventive effects against Alzheimer's disease-like pathogenesis in vivo.
2. (+)-Taxifolin is a weak inhibitor of cytochrome b5 reduction (IC50=9.8μM).
1. 20S, 20R ginsenoside-Rh1 can inhibit the thrombin-induced conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin.
1. Protopanaxdiol has the effect of anti-tumor through increasing the activity of body immunity, inhibiting tumor interstitial microvascular density and its proliferation activity, improving the lymphocyte transformation, the activity of NK cells and the contents of IL-2 significantly.
2. Protopanaxdiol prevents and heals obesity, fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia in mice fed with a high-fat diet.
1. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol shows strong and selective antimicrobial activity.
2. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol is the inhibitor of farnesyl-protein transferase.
3. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol exerts cardioprotective effects against myocardial ischemic injury, by enhancing the anti-free-radical actions of heart tissues.
4. (20S)-Protopanaxatriol has anti-oxidant activity, can inhibit the elevation of malondialdehyde content, the reduction of superoxide dismutase activity, glutathione peroxidase and total antioxIdant capacity.
1. 20(S)-Protopanaxadiol may inhibit the proliferation of Siha cells,and its mechanism may be related to up-regulating the expressions of p53, p21, and autophagy related gene Beclin 1and MAP1-LC3, and down-regulating the expression of cyclin-E.
2. 20 (S)-Protopanaxdiol may induce the apoptosis of PC3 cells, and its mechanism may be related to the down-regulation of Bcl-2 protein and the up-regulation of γH2Ax protein expression.
3. 20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may induce the apoptosis of Siha cells,and its mechanism may be related to the up-regulation of bax expression, and the up-regulation and activition of caspase family.
4. 20(S)-Protopanaxdiol may be a potential new P-gp inhibitor for cancer treatment.
1. (R)-(+)-Corypalmine shows strong papaverine-like activity.