1. Camphor is highly repellent to the beetles with overall repellency in the range of 80 - 100%.
1. (+)-Catechin hydrate has antioxidant activity and is effective in reducing oxidative stress.
1. Corynoline, isolated from the aerial parts of Corydalis incisa, has inhibitory effect on the acetylcholinesterase with reversible and noncompetitive.
2. Corynoline exhibits the potent anti-inflammatory and/or immunosuppressive activity, the potent inhibitory activity of corynoline for the ICAM-1/LFA-1 adhesion and would be important on developing the clinically usable drugs for the inflammatory diseases.
1. (+)-Gallocatechin as a bio-antimutagenic compound against UV-induced mutation in Escherichia coli.
2. (+)-Gallocatechin is potent in scavenging Fremy’s salt, a synthetic free radical, it possesses antioxidant capacities that is higher or comparable to that of ascorbic acid or Trolox.
1. Lyoniresinol shows robust anti-melanogenic activity, decreases tyrosinase activity and melanin biosynthesis in B16F10 cells by activating ERK signaling, which downregulated MITF, tyrosinase, but not TRP-1 and TRP-2 protein expression.
2. Lyoniresinol has antioxidant effect.
1. (+)-Praeruptorin A exerts distinct relaxant effects on isolated rat aorta rings, which may be mainly attributed to nitric oxide synthesis catalyzed by endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
1. (+)-Pteryxin has muscle-relaxant props.
2. (+)-Pteryxin shows hepatoprotective and nitric oxide prodn. inhibitory activity.
1. (+)-Sophoranol exhibits antiviral activity against the Coxsackie virus B3.
2. (+)-Sophoranol shows potent anti-HBV activity with an inhibitory potency against HBsAg secretion and against HBeAg secretion.
1. (+)-Syringaresinol shows inhibitory activity of Helicobacter pylori motility, the IC50 value of 50 microg/ml.
2. (+)-Syringaresinol can upregulate silent information regulator two ortholog 1 (SIRT1) gene expression.
3. (+)-Syringaresinol exhibits cytoprotective activity in cultured MCF-7 cells stressed by H2O2.
4. (+)-Syringaresinol shows antioxidant potential .